Nothing official has been announced, but I heard rumours of a middle/late Q1-2013 SP4 release...
Something kind of 'official'....
With the release of LANDesk Management Suite (LDMS) and Security Suite version (LDSS) 9.5, we announced the end-of-sale (EOS) for LANDesk Management Suite and Security Suite version 9.0 and included below the schedule for end-of-support and end-of-life:
- Products Affected: LANDesk Management Suite and LANDesk Security Suite
- Releases Affected: Version 9.0 including all enhancement packs and service packs 1, 2, and 3
- Available for Purchase Until: No longer available
- Full Support ends: December 31, 2013
- Customer Care Support ends: July 30, 2014
- Web-based Support ends: December 31, 2014
- Product End-of-Life (EOL) including end-of-support: December 31, 2014
The lack of market adoption in pre-launch adoption rates, and the position that most industry analyst have taken on the lack of adoption of Windows 8 in the Enterprise, our position is to maintain Windows 8 in our current LDMS/LDSS version 9.5 release only. We will continue to monitor current market adoption trends and if we see a major shift towards Windows 8 adoption, we will reconsider our position and look at adopting a plan to support it in later 9.0 Service Pack release.
We would encourage any existing customers considering adopting Windows 8 to trial our latest 9.5 release and plan for an upgrade to that release rather than staying on 9.0 SP1-3..
Yeah... It might be SP4 will just be a compilation of all component patches up-to-date, without adding anything new, like windows8 support. LANDesk doesn't see any adoption of Windows8 happening soon, so even LANDesk AV support for windows 8 will arrive only in Q2 2013... Granted, this is based on what Kaspersky offers, but LD doesn't see the need to 'push' this... At least here in Holland I do know of quite a few companies and educational institutes that will just skip Windows7 now and get started with Windows8 in Q1...
any news about SP4? Do you take a decision about the Windows 8 support in LDMS 9?
SP4 is in development, however there is not currently a scheduled release date, neither info for new included features.
It would appear that SP4 has been released as it's just appeared on my Core. However I cannot find any documentation or release notes. I'm just downloading the patches to see if there are any documents inside the zip files.
Wow, that was a fast response. Thanks!
No love for Mac OS X updates, eh? .....
MAC-2012-0724 - 9.00.3.66209
- LDAP location information does not report correctly in 10.8 Mountain Lion
Operating System Deployment
- LANDesk's netboot image builder tool does not properly create a 10.8 Mountain Lion NBI file
- "Permission required" option in remote control does not work in 10.8 Mountain Lion
- Cannot start chat on 10.8 Mountain Lion
- File transfer from the core to a 10.8 Mountain Lion machine fails