You should not have to do anything at all... it should pick up where it left off. But I have seen a few cases where the client/core got confused and stayed in the state you are seeing... So first remove the parital@@ file from the Cache and try it again... If that does not work remove the entry for the task from the local policy cache on the client...
I think he is running 8.8.
1. rename or delete C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\Database\ LDClientDB.db3
2. run C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\clientdbutil.exe /validate
3. run C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\policy.sync.exe
4. wait a few minutes (all policies will not show up immediatley)
5. check the policy.sync.log. It should indicate downloaded policies
6. run policy.client.invoker.exe (any required policies should process). If not,look at the invoker error log. If any errors exist, bounce the invoker service.
Thanks zman and RickDavie,
I had already tried to delete the partial@@ file but not delete anything from the registry and that had not worked.
I have followed zman's procedure. The policy.sync.log does show downloaded policies but nothing shows up in the Portal.
Running policy.client.invoker.exe does not seem to do anything, checking the log shows 3 new entries:
Tue, 29 Apr 2008 09:19:09 3176: Policy Invoker version 22.214.171.124 was launched
Tue, 29 Apr 2008 09:19:09 3176: Windows Platform 2, version 5.1 Service Pack 2
Tue, 29 Apr 2008 09:19:09 3176: Could not start ctrl dispatcher (0x00000427, 1063)
Checking the services on the client, there is no invoker service. Which service do you mean?
1 of 1 people found this helpful
The registry keys only exist pre 8.8.
So on your client you indicate that you don't have a LANDesk Policy Invoker service on the client? If this is true then I would reinstall the client.