3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2012 2:53 AM by Terry-Courtney

LANDesk 9.5 Script Writers group?

Apprentice

I dont have the LANDesk Script Writers local group on my new LANDesk 9.5 core.  Is this group no longer needed with LANDesk 9.5?

The LANDesk 9.5 Documentation still refers it if that's not the case:  http://help.landesk.com/Help/download/data/ldms/95/LDMS95Users.pdf

I'm assuming everyone either needs to be a member of LANDesk Management Suite or LANDesk Administrator?

• 1. Re: LANDesk 9.5 Script Writers group?
          Terry-Courtney Employee

Hi macado,

Yes that is right, the script writers group has been removed from LDMS 9.5 as it is no longer required. What the document is trying to point out is that for certain actions certain users need to have the Script Writers "Permissions" which you will find labelled as "Manage Scripts" under the Software Distribution section of the permissions sets.

And yes your console users need to be members of the LANDesk Management Suite group and your Administrator(s) need to be member(s) of the LANDesk Administrator group.

Of course you can still set up additional local and AD groups as you see fit, these should still be used in user permissions the way they did before.

I hope that is the answer you were looking for?

• 2. Re: LANDesk 9.5 Script Writers group?
            Apprentice

Thanks terry. That's helpful. I did read the documentation but I still found references to the LANDesk Script Writers group on pg209.  Not sure if that was what you were referring to.

• 3. Re: LANDesk 9.5 Script Writers group?
              Terry-Courtney Employee

Yeah I searched the document for anything mentioning Script Writers, and everything I came across when reading it directly really means to make sure the permissions are present. I wanted to be totally sure before replying, as I was surprised to hear it being referenced