2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2013 12:48 PM by dmercuri

Is there a way to query a file with a specific hash key ?

Rookie

We have packged an application using another packaging utillity. This utillity redirects the application to a key server. We are trying to find which customers have these "Keyed" applications and schedule an uninstall. I was able to download an application that showed me the hash file values and I know they are different from the original and consistent across the board.

I would like to Scan all the PC's for the executable file with the exact hash key for the keyed version. Is there anyway to accomplish this?

• 1. Re: Is there a way to query a file with a specific hash key ?
          zman Master

Best way would be to use a custom vulnerability to check for the correct has value http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-23054 Custom vuln doc http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-7549

• 2. Re: Is there a way to query a file with a specific hash key ?
            Rookie

Here is what we did 

1: In LANDesk click Tools > Security & Compliance > Patch & Compliance

2: Click on the Type drop down menu and select “Custom Definitions

3: Click on the “Create Custom Definitions” ribbon

4: In the ID field do NOT delete the numbers created, just add your description after

5: In Title: add a description

6: Set Severity to Not Applicable

7: Set Status to Scan

8: Set Vendor to Your Vendors Name

9: Click on ADD in the bottom left to add a file or definition

9: In the Rule Name, add the name for the rule

10: Click on Affected Platforms and select the operating systems you want to search

11: Under Files click Add

12: In the Verify Using drop down menu select “File Size and/or Checksum”

13: Under Path, add the full path to the files location

14: Click Search for files recursively

15: Under requirements from the drop down menu select File must NOT exist and click gather data

16: In gather data select the file you want to search for

17: When finished click the Update button

Note: for more than one platform X86, and X64 you need to create separate rules because of the Program files directory structure.