1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 10, 2012 8:37 AM by eric223

Endpoint Security Issue with extracting Zip Files on a server

Rookie

Hi,

I recently came across an error where I'm trying to unzip a folder using the standard Windows Zip extractor and it looks like everything is fine, until you open the extracted folder and see that it only extracted one file, or two files, or 4 files, etc. It never extracts everything until I turn off Endpoint Security, then it works fine. I'm trying to extract the zip to the same UNC folder that the zip file is in on a server,I haven't applied any settings to the Endpoint Secuirty program, it's just enabled in the LANDesk agent config.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

• 1. Re: Endpoint Security Issue with extracting Zip Files on a server
          SupportEmployee

I tried this on my system with 9.5 and don't see a problem (haven't seen a problem like that on 9.0 in the past either). Are you seeing any details on the client of things getting blocked? If you open the EPS gui on the client you can go to the security activity log and change the filter to display everything. Make sure that the endpoint security setting you enabled does not have some security properties assigned that may be blocking calls to other programs or file types.