1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 11, 2012 10:59 AM by zman

Querying/Reporting IIS Presence and Version Info

Rookie

Hi All,

Was wondering if anyone knows how I can report on IIS version info using either a query or Software License Monitoring.

I know how to query for the existence of IIS by doing a query for the World Wide Web Publishing and World Wide Web Publishing Service services, but version info isn't tracked there.

Can't find IIS under the Software part of inventory info and not sure where else to look.

Thanks,

Alex

• 1. Re: Querying/Reporting IIS Presence and Version Info
          zman Master

I see an entry in SLM for Internet Information Services (IIs) X Manager. This is keyed off of inetmgr.exe (should see this under Software | Package.  This should be a discovered product. However, if you don't have SLM turned on in the agent (say for servers), I'm not sure this will be picked up. check under Discovered products for Internet Information Services (IIs) X Manager or inetmgr.exe under Manage Software List.

You could also read the version from the registry using:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\InetStp" "MajorVersion"

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\InetStp" "MinorVersion"

If you are not concerned with SLM type data and just want version you can modify ldappl with the above keys. http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-1089