4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 25, 2012 9:17 PM by keifer2008

Unable to delete custom device group under My Devices in LDMS 9.5

keifer2008 Apprentice

Coming from 9.0 SP3...

I have 2 empty Device Groups(folders) under My Devices.

When I try to delete either folder, I'm prompted to confirm the deletion, I click Yes, screen flickers, but folder/group remains.

I verified that they're empty, and that no scopes or roles are pointing to these.

As a test, one of the folders has a subfolder, and i'm unable to delete the subfolder too.

If I create a new subfolder, i can delete the subfolder just fine. Even weirder, if i try to delete the parent "folder" it will delete only the newly created subfolder, not any previous existing ones.

Tried this both on Remote Console and directly on core. And i'm using an account that is Full Admin.

Anyone know why?

Thanks...

• 1. Re: Unable to delete custom device group under My Devices in LDMS 9.5
          technobabble Apprentice

This sounds like a similar problem that we had with the inability to remove a blank object in custom data. I was able to resolve the problem by performing the following steps:

1. Stop the LANDesk inventory and scheduler services
          2. Remove all unknown items that the inventory service has detected run DBRepair
          3. Remove any unwanted or erroneous custom data
          4. Attempt to remove the custom group
          5. Restart the LANDesk inventory and scheduler serservices as I stated, this worked for me to remove the blank object in custom data. However, forvthe problem you described, this may correct the problem.
          • 2. Re: Unable to delete custom device group under My Devices in LDMS 9.5
            keifer2008 Apprentice

I tried stopping both Inventory and Scheduler Services, and then trying again to remove the entries.

No luck, still won't delete.

I didn't try DBRepair because the docs in Community only mention 9.0 and not 9.5. So I wasn't sure if the same version can be used.

I logged the issue with support, and i've uploaded my console.exe.log.

Still waiting to hear back...

• 3. Re: Unable to delete custom device group under My Devices in LDMS 9.5
              technobabble Apprentice

The DBRepair utility for LDMS 9.0 worked for me for LDMS 9.5 to remove the attribute and resolve my problem.

If  there is any relation to the problem that we experienced, and yours, it will not be resolved unless you will be able to remove the bad/corrupt data.

Hopefully, LANDesk support will find an answer for you quickly otherwise.

• 4. Re: Unable to delete custom device group under My Devices in LDMS 9.5
                keifer2008 Apprentice

After running a SQL Profiler Trace (for LD Support) I took a look at the results and found some clues:

exec sp_executesql N'DELETE FROM CustomGroupComputer WHERE CustomGroup_Idn = @P1',N'@P1 int',626

Error: 547, Severity: 16, State: 0

The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint "R_CustomGroupDynamic_Group". The conflict occurred in database "LANDesk9", table "dbo.CustomGroupDynamic", column 'CustomGroup_Idn'.

I'm now working on determining the relations between these "CustomGroup" tables to see if it's just a matter of deleting some table rows...

I'm curious to see what Support will recommend.