2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2012 7:31 AM by MarXtar

Age of a PC

Rookie

Hi There

I would like to be able to created query that show me the age of the PC tht we have out there on our LAN.

I am after a few suggestions on what is the best variable to use within LDMS.

Hope someone can advise

Thanks

• 1. Re: Age of a PC
          Frank Wils ITSMMVPGroup

If you have Dell or HP, take a look at Data Analytics. Through te webconnector it can add guarantee and shipping information to your inventoried device. Or, if not Dell or HP, but you do have the information n another DB or CSV, it can also importthat information.

Without Data Analytics it is difficult... You could look at when it's imaged, but that usually happens more han once in the lifecycle of a device. Bios date is usually a bit off or a bios update makes it completely useless.

Frank

axle-it

• 2. Re: Age of a PC
            MarXtar ITSMMVPGroup

Hi,

There really isn't a useful tag to use on a PC that can get this information unless you can be certain they have only ever been installed once. Closest you can get is to be reporting on the model number or even processor types so that you get a feel for the age of the device.

Frank is right that the Data Analytics component is the ideal one to link to an external source of info such as the vendor to pull in more non-scannable details for the device.

Mark McGinn

MarXtar Ltd

http://landesk.marxtar.co.uk

LANDesk Silver ESP

The One-Stop Shop for LANDesk Enhancements

- Wake-On-WAN - Distributed Wake-On-LAN, Scheduled Power Down, and SWDist Sequencing

- State Notifier - Real-Time Device & User State Inventory Updating & Alerting

Update - WoW & State Notifier now integrate for even more functionality

Update - State Notifier now detects machine and user Idle states