This new pack looks like a very useful suplement to design transfer. A few questions if I may?
1. The manual rightly warns against making changes to reference data in live after the snapshot to dev/test has been made. It talks about synchronising up; would it be posisble for someone to expand on what actually happens? e.g. someone creates a new category in live that doesn't exist in test. Incidents are logged with it. What happens when Test to Live is run? If both categories are created in LIVE and TEST for operational reasons, are they seen as being the same if created manually? If a regular DT is used to take such a category across from TEST to LIVE, would both be seen as the same?
2. This pack supplements DT - so are there any plans to allow DT to transfer all the items Test to Live does? For those of us producing designs offline for a variety of customers, it would very useful to know if LD plan to allow DT to transfer business object reports and other items it doesn't currently handle.
3. Would it be seen as best practise to restore PROD to DEV and TEST, do the dev in dev, sync dev up to test, do UAT in test and then finally sync DEV to PROD? This would ensure any glotchas are well rehersed before touching PROD?
4. Does Test to Live handle changes to user interface properties in BOD?
5. Does Test to Live handle Business Object reports?
6. In general how does it spot differences? For example if a category was renamed in TEST (not uncommon) is the same category renamed in PROD? If a query is renamed would be another example.
7. Is there a list of items it doesn't handle so we can manually attend to those?
8. Is any sort of report produced as part of the migration?
9. Is this a supported module? In the social pack, the chat app itself wasn't supported, so I just wanted to get some idea of the status of this pack if used against (say) 7.5.