3 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2008 1:21 PM by m0928

Retreiving deleted scheduled task?

Rookie

Afternoon all,

Does anyone know if it's possible to retreive a recently (accidently) deleted scheduled task? we're using version 8.6.1 and would be useful to know...

thanks

• 1. Re: Retreiving deleted scheduled task?
          SupportEmployee

The only way to get a database entry back is to restore it from a database backup.  When you click delete, it is deleted from the database.

• 2. Re: Retreiving deleted scheduled task?
            phoffmann SupportEmployee

Aye - generally ANYTHING you delete is deleted in real-time out of the LANDesk database.

We used to (but again, only for inventory scans) - many, many years ago - have a "flag"-system for inventories to be deleted when maintenance ran, but that's about the only thing (and this was true up to LDMS version 7, I think). Scheduled tasks + all related things were always "deleted on the spot" - so the only way you could get it back is by restoring a DB-backup (which is going to cause other problems).

What exactly stands in the way of re-creating the task?

Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead.

• 3. Re: Retreiving deleted scheduled task?
              Rookie

This is most certainly off-topic and I apologise. I can't seem to find a solution anywhere and I'd appreciate any help.

I've accidently deleted a scheduled task (create restore point) in windows task scheduler and I'm wondering how I can get it back. I tried making a new task, but I don't know where the programme to create a restore point is located, and I don't know anything about scripting.

Once again, sorry this isnt about LANDesk. But if anyone can help, that'd be great