1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 21, 2013 5:47 AM by Frank Wils

Query for 'Device Name' not like 'Computer Name'

Rookie

As a precursor let me say that I'm brand new the whole LANDesk experience - I've inherited the reponsbility of managing LANDesk from someone who resigned.

I have a mixed environment Mac / PC.  I've been noticing the the 'Computer Name' field for the PC is different than the Mac.  On the PC side, as far as I can tell, the 'Device Name' is actually the computer name, while the 'Computer Name' column is blank.  On the Mac side, the 'Device Name' seems to correlate to the active directory binding name, while the 'Computer Name' seems to correlate to the 'share' name.  Since it is imperitive for both the binding name and the share name to be equal in a Mac environment, how can I write a query to show me machines that do not have the 'Device Name' exactly the same as the 'Computer Name'?

I tried doing this:

"Computer"."OS"."Name"  =  "Mac OS X"

OR "Computer"."OS"."Name"  =  "MacOS"

AND "Computer"."Device Name"  Not Like  ""Computer"."Computer Name""

This returns results - but they are not at all what I would have expected.  I still get a mixed bag of machines that have 'Device Name = Computer Name' and also machines that have 'Device Name Computer Name'

All I want is a query to show me all of the macs in my environment in which Device Name Computer Name.  Any help is much appreciated.  Thanks.