In summary you need to do the following actions:
- Edit the LDappl3.template file in the LDLogon folder on the core and add the .mdb file extension (You will see the section near the top.. see screenshot).
- Open the 'Manage software list' tool in the console and add a new file entry under 'To be scanned' matching the specific mdb file name. If you use 1 for size and X for version it will return anything matching the file name.
- Click on the 'Make available to clients' button.
- Run a software inventory scan.
- Check the inventory for the file. It should be listed under Software > Packages.
Just to confirm. You have written *.mdb. Providing you know the exact name then the ldappl method that Blair mentions will work or if you have patch manager you could also create a custom definition to find the file but ldappl is probably the easiest.
If you are looking for all .mdb files then you can't really handle that with standard functionality without enabling the Mode=All setting for ldappl which would be painful since it would also scan all executables by default.
LANDesk Silver ESP
The One-Stop Shop for LANDesk Enhancements
Update - WoW & State Notifier now integrate for even more functionality
Update - State Notifier now detects machine and user Idle states
Would another option be to edit the ldappl3.template and enter the file name in the cfgfiles1 line?
I've been using this feature to automatically collect vulscan or task log files from clients when needed. I wrote a batch file that will copy the required log file to c:\landesk1.log. That file is listed in my template cfgfiles1 line so it is scanned in to inventory. This also gives me the contents of the file. I wouldn't use this for all users as it would probably make the database get large but it is an easy way to get a log file without bothering a user.
That's a useful feature but only really applicable to collecting the content of text based files like log or ini files.
As this is related to an mdb database file I don't think it would be the right option this time round.
Creat worked like a charm... Thank you. !