5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2013 3:11 AM by Stu McNeill

Web Access search hangs when one of the results has a large number of characters in the details field.

ViaBellator Apprentice

Hello All,

We are experiencing an issue in Web Access 7.5 SP1 with the search feature.

In some cases, a search will return a result set where one or more of the results has a large amount of data in the details field. When that occurs, the search takes a long time to complete and then hangs the browser when the results are displayed.

If the item that has the large details field is opened in Console and the details field is changed to a reasonable size, the search performs normally in Web Access.

Is there anything I can do to resolve the issue? I attempted to put a limit on the length of the Details attribute for Incidents (which are typically the items with the longest details on autogenerated Incidents), but that appears to be locked down at -1. I also thought about changing the search results to only return the summary, rather than summary and details, but there doesn't appear to be any supported way to change the search feature in Web Access. I did see this: http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-24046 - But that doesn't really apply in our situation.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Eric Hayes

The issue is consistent with Windows XP and IE8

Tried the same search in Google Chrome on Windows XP and that seems to work with no issue.