2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2013 3:48 PM by Mariusz.Maniak

How to setup some analysts to view the system in simplified Chinese

GarethReeves Apprentice

Can ayone point me in the right direction, I have been asked to setup 2 of our servicedesk analysts with simplified Chinese, so they view all windows in their own language. I can't see how\where to do this any ideas greatly appreciated.

Gareth

• 1. Re: How to setup some analysts to view the system in simplified Chinese
          GarethReeves Apprentice

OK, Just been told I need to manually translate the entire system all forms and processes into Chinese, has anyone else setup a different language on an English based system for a number of analysts? Just can't believe I need to manually enter all the translations and create new Views.

Any feedback from current users would be appreciated.

Gareth

• 2. Re: How to setup some analysts to view the system in simplified Chinese
            Mariusz.Maniak Expert

Cannot find where I found it, but I seen somewhere solution for official LANDesk language: just install another instance of Service Desk in Chinese, create framework with connection to existing database, and then point Chinese analyst to new console/web/selfservice. Translating windows is really hard work, in 7.5.1 some messages/names/titles are hardcoded, so cannot translate it. But if You have not to much windows - You can play with translations, and then manage them by view rules based on group or roles, but by this way also some things aren't translatable. Hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong