2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2013 4:18 PM by Mariusz.Maniak

drag and drop items

Mariusz.Maniak Expert

Hi,

I've created linking buisness object Customer- location, so I've got a new element in administration/group/customer called customer location. With two administration windows opened I can drag and drop customer's CI's to customer's location. Is LANDesk creating any reference/collection/?? "on the fly" to store information about CI/Location? Or, until it isn't created, that drag and drop doesn't store any information in database? What in my goal: I would like to have info about customer, locations and CIs connected, to know where and what customer is using, where customer CI is stored and which CIs are in customer location.

• 1. Re: drag and drop items
          Jamie Cannon ITSMMVPGroup

where do you get your machines from?  Do you use LDMS or do you do the import from a spreadsheet or something like that?

If you use LDMS you can make the association when you do the import automatically into Service Desk.  Otherwise, you would have to create relationships between the correct objects and update them accordingly.

• 2. Re: drag and drop items
            Mariusz.Maniak Expert

My machines are inside LDSD, under Configuration Management, I've added CI's to customer using customer group action "add/remove configuration item", so for customer A_All it looks like on pictrue. When second admin window is opened I can drag and drop CI's to locations. Tried to create linking object CI/Location, but there is no option for that.

ci.jpg

checked with SQLAdmin Studio that "drag and drop" CI to location doesn't change anything in database, so this is not a way to connect CI with customer location, will try to build that "manually"

Message was edited by: Mariusz Maniak