1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 11, 2013 3:26 AM by Frank Wils

Alert on Audit event

tlman12 Apprentice

Is there any easy way to alert on certian Audit events? or send an e-mail/report?

for example, If an user was added or removed from a certian Role, I'd like it to send me an e-mail (being that I'm the only one authorized to do so) I don't want to have to look through the audit logs everyday to see, or wait till something gets changed that shouldn't. I'd like to be a little more proactive.

is that possible? I've tried attatching an action to an event in the event log but since all the events are logged as event ID 1 that's not very helpful. I looked in the alerting module but I don't see any options for auditing unless I missed something. So now I turn to the community..

thank you for any info.

PS: I'm on LANDesk 9.5

• 1. Re: Alert on Audit event
          Frank Wils ITSMMVPGroup

Easy? No, unfortunately not. What you suggest are all very valid arguments to create what should be a very popular enhancement request though If you want to go the not-so-easy way, you could always configure Process Manager to check the Auditing table and send you emails on specific triggers or create your own custom report definition and schedule that.

Frank