2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2013 1:52 PM by dgaines

Add Remove Programs in the user's hive

dgaines Apprentice

Is there any easy way to inventory the Uninstall key in the user's hives?  For example, HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall.   I want to gather all the "instaled" programs under that and any other users similar key.

• 1. Re: Add Remove Programs in the user's hive
          zman Master

So normally those are there if a user installs with "only for me" type installs. Here is a doc for what is returned http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-4456

You would have to write a script to copy the data you want to see into a registry hive that LANDesk picks up

Or I think in 9.5 we have the ability to take a WMI query and import the results into inventory.

Another path is that the programs installed on a device are most likely picked up with SLM and can be tracked via SLM.

• 2. Re: Add Remove Programs in the user's hive
            dgaines Apprentice

The problem is that to get the data with putting into a registry hive I would have to know what the data was before I could import it into inventory.   If I query my custom data for two values and there is a third at some point, I miss the third.  Would WMI be able to return all the values under a specific key?   I thought it was also a retrieve one value type of thing.