Can you post the logs from the ldclient\data map regarding this task?
I'm out of the office for a couple days and don't have access to those logs right now.
I'll post them when I'm back in the office on Thursday.
Back in the office today, and I've got additional information...
I've been able to get the script to deploy and run. I had to push an ExecutionPolicy "bypass" GPO to make it run (which I didn't need to do before). So it's now generating output the way it's supposed to - which is certainly an improvement. But I'm still getting a pop-up when it runs, which is not desirable.
This is what pops up in the taskbar when I deploy this script.
It doesn't hang around long. I haven't actually been able to click through it to see what it's complaining about. But it pops up just long enough to generate a pile of calls to our helpdesk with people wondering what's going on.
I've attached the log from the task, as well as the PowerShell script that I'm trying to deploy.
You'll see some complaints in the log that Get-ChildItem doesn't have access to some subfolders... And I could probably fix that just by adding another "-ErrorAction SilentlyContinue" or two... But, since it was working correctly, I never felt the need to do so.
The header in that script is accurate - the last time it was modified was back in October of 2012. At that time, I was able to run the script just fine without pushing a GPO to set the execution policy - as you can see, the script is signed. The script also used to run completely silent - no pop-ups of any kind on the client machines.
So, something has obviously changed in LDMS 9.5 I now need to push a GPO to set the execution policy just to make this script run. And it's now generating a quick pop-up and scaring my users.
Still having issues with Powershell scripts through LANDesk 9.5
They no longer run silently. I'm still getting Powershell pop-ups that scare end-users.
I think the interactive services is a new feature from Windows VISTA forward and not specifically related to LDMS 9.5. From memory we just disabled the interactive services, service. It was causing pop-ups for VPN, scripts, and all other kinds of things we attempt to do in the background. Pretty sure we didn't have any issues after turning it off and all the benefits of not annoying anyone.
EDIT: I thought the last post said AUG not APR. If this is no longer an issue then hopefully this post helps someone else.