3 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2008 2:33 AM by alex25052005

Landesk antiVirus service 0x8004025d error

Rookie

When I try starting the Landesk Antivirus service I get the error: 'Could not start the LANDesk(R) Antivirus service on local computer. 0x8004025d'

Reinstalling the agent does not help.

HELP ME

• 1. Re: Landesk antiVirus service 0x8004025d error
          LANDave SupportEmployee

What version are you on?

• 2. Re: Landesk antiVirus service 0x8004025d error
            LANDave SupportEmployee

Here is a possible cause and resolution:

Cause Client date had been changed at some point on the client to a year before or a year behind after AV was installed.

Another possible cause is that the .key file on the client does not match the Core.

Resolution Verify the number of files in the LDLogon\Antivirus folder on the non-working core with the number of files on a working core. If the number of files on the non-working core is less than the working core, it is most likely missing the files that verify the license file.

- Copy the Antivirus folder from a working core and replace the folder on the non-working core.

OR

Get a new av.key file from LANDesk Support and place it in the Antivirus folder on the core and the client. Make sure this does not happen as there is a limited number keys available.

You can also compare the two files to see if they are the same on the Core and the client. If they do not match try copying the file from the Core server to the client. The files can be found in the following locations.

Core: :\Program Files\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\ldlogon\Antivirus

Client: C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\Antivirus

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Landesk antiVirus service 0x8004025d error
              Rookie

thanks Landave,

I have resolved the problem copying the .key file from he server to the client.