Still no reply from anyone....
Are you using a web or UNC share?
If you are using UNC you need to setup the source as a preferred server so the client has credentials to use to connect to the share.
After some scratching..
I ran (on the client XP box):
AT hh:mm /interactive cmd
net use * \\____\___ It requested a userid and password. If I use any AD userid it accepts it.
Once I have done that and run my scheduled job it works
So its the SDCLIENT permissions I assume..
I undesrstand that SDCLIENT runs as SystemUser. So either the userid that my SDCLIENT is executing as, is incorrect or my permissions are. What have I missed?
Preferred Servers can be enabled in the LANDesk Console. It now includes the ability to authenticate to a UNC share or a web share using the credentials configured for the preferred package server. That way, when the share is accessed by an Agent workstation's Local System account, it will be able to access the share using the credentials specified instead of simply trying to authenticate as Local System.
- In the LANDesk Console, click Tools | Distribution | Content Replication/Preferred Servers.
- Click Add to add a new server, or click an existing entry and click Edit.
- Enter the server information.
- Click Test credentials to make sure the credentials you provided work.
- (Optional) If you want to use IP address ranges to lilmit which clients you want using this server as a preferred server, click on "IP address ranges" enter the the IP addresses and click Add.
- Click Save.
I am using UNC. You were correct. I have now added the preferred server settings and it is working.