2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2013 12:38 PM by mrspike

Deploying specific windows update

Rookie

Hi Everyone,

I'm having a bit of an issue. I need to modify the timzone on about 40 windows 2008 SP2 servers and set them to Eastern Standard Time. I have figured out how to do this through a batch file task by running tzutil.exe /s "Eastern Standard Time" which works fine on 2008 R2 systems however tzutil wasn't standard on 2008 and was offered later as a patch through windows update.

This is presenting an issue as i can't seem to find the patch by the KB ID in patch and compliance part of landesk. The KB Article Number(s): 2556308 isn't found when scanning or downloading updates. I can download the hotfix from the MS site and i get a .MSU file. I am wondering if there is any way to import this into the patch and compliance system or should i just attempt to push this out as a standard task ?

• 1. Re: Deploying specific windows update
          Rookie

Sorry forgot to add we are runing LDMS 9.50.0.530 on Windows server 2008 R2.

• 2. Re: Deploying specific windows update
            mrspike SSMMVPGroup

You can create a Custom Definition to do it and in my opion this would be the best way to do it.

Download the .msu from MS, put it in your patch folder. 

Set the affected platforms to only those this applies to

the affected products can be left blank

in the files area, have it look for the file you want to see if it exists or by file version.
            For the path I suggest you use a variable and not c:\...    if possible.

You can look at an existing patch, and or clone it to see more details on how LANDesk does it.

Let me know if you need more help