2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2013 1:55 PM by hoivikaj

Running Landesk Management Console 9.5 and it's SLOOOOWWW.

Rookie

Please help.  I have installed a new instance of Landesk 9.5 for our company and it's almost unuseable.   Is there anything i can do to make it work....or is this version a LEMON?????

Please advice...

e

• 1. Re: Running Landesk Management Console 9.5 and it's SLOOOOWWW.
          bnelson Employee

Start here http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-6767 ensure your server specs are up to speed.

Check your DB server. How many drives are there? Each on it's own spindle? Enough RAM? Processor?

What specifically is slow? Is it certain actions? Switching between modules? Logging in?

9.5 is an awesome version. I find it to be far better than it's predecessors. Perhaps you have a very specific issue in your environment that support can assist with. Have you contacted support directly to ask for assistance?

• 2. Re: Running Landesk Management Console 9.5 and it's SLOOOOWWW.
            Rookie

I experienced the same thing upgrading from 9.0SP3. A few things that have helped:

Sluggish console: Have all of your console users reset their layouts to default.

Configure > Layouts > Reset.

"All devices" enumerates slowly:

From the core, run C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\CoreDbUtil.exe and select "Update Display Names".

With the addition of the Data  Analytics module, there is a noticable increase in the amount of time it takes to login to the console. I would only install this module on consoles that it will be used.

Computer status icons slow to appear once computer is selected:

While it is not as fast as it was in 9.0SP3, 2 things that we have done that seem to have helped are...

- From the core, open "LANDesk Configure Services" go to the Custom Jobs tab, and under "Discovery" select TCP only instead of "Both".

- Install all available 9.5 patches, listed here: http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-27264 EXCEPT for "LD95-CP_RC-2013-0312" which appears to have been a dud.