10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2013 2:50 PM by Mariusz.Maniak

"add note" notification mail failure

Mariusz.Maniak Expert

Hi,

I would like to inform assignee when user has added a note, and user when note was added by assignee.

In process (default full incident) in Add Note there are two reminders, one for assignee, second for user, booth filled as on pictrue (example for assignee).

When a note was added there is a new entry on reminder list is generated with Is Active = true, after a minute or two "Is active" goes to false.

And thats all. On "Message Recipient List" nothing isn't created, and no email has been sent. Event logs on servers - no errors, only information from MailOutbound: Logging OnContinue with user : System Url: http://localhost/LanDesk2.Framework

But when incident is logged, message to user was sent properly.

Why note messages fails?

• 1. Re: "add note" notification mail failure
          elizabethcombrink Expert

Mariusz - can you see the message you are expecting to be sent in the tps_user_message table?

select

* from

tps_user_message

if you can, then a reminder has been created (and the fact that the Is Active flag gets unticked suggests that it is)

then idenity in the tps_user_message_recipient table who the recipients are

• 2. Re: "add note" notification mail failure
            Mariusz.Maniak Expert

In tps_user_message are only messages sent to enduser when incident was created, in tps_user_message_recipient - recipients these messages. Nothing about "add note" messages.

I also tried to check logfiles:

So in tps.config:

<add key="TraceLevel_Authentication" value="All" />

<add key="TraceLevel_BackgroundProcessing" value="All" />

<add key="TraceLevel_LifecycleProcessing" value="All" />

And what I get is:

LifecycleProcessing

Begin Lifecycle Action at 2013-04-17 13:31:46.470

Class Type: IncidentManagement.Incident

Primary Key: 2e65b6c4-e80d-45ac-aec0-cbadefa32858

Original Lifecycle: Full Incident

Original Status: W realizacji

Business Function: AddNote

Parameter1:

Parameter2:

SUCCEEDED

LifecycleProcessing

Lifecycle Step at 2013-04-17 13:31:46.470

Step Type: Action

Action: Dodaj notatkę

Is Automatic?: False

SUCCEEDED

LifecycleProcessing

Lifecycle Step at 2013-04-17 13:31:46.485

Step Type: PostCondition

Condition: Note created by Assigned User?

SUCCEEDED

LifecycleProcessing

Step Type: Action

Action: Add Reminder

Is Automatic?: True

Value: SendDate = 03/09/2008 15:53:01

Value: IsActive = True

Value: NotifySupplier = False

Value: Subject = Incydent o numerze {Id} zostało uaktualniony

Value: Group = Incident/CurrentAssignment/Group

Value: Body = Użytkownik: {Notes/CreationUser} dodał notatkę o treści:<br />

{Notes/Text} <br />

<a href="http://LanDeskProd.WebAccess/wd/object/open.rails?class_name=IncidentManagement.Incident&key={Guid}">Link do incydentu </a>

Value: NotifyAssignee = True

Value: Subject = Incydent o numerze {Id} zostało uaktualniony

Value: NotifySupplier = False

Value: IsActive = True

Value: Group = Incident/CurrentAssignment/Group

Value: NotifyAssignee = True

Value: Body = Użytkownik: {Notes/CreationUser} dodał notatkę o treści:<br />

{Notes/Text} <br />

<a href="http://LanDeskProd.WebAccess/wd/object/open.rails?class_name=IncidentManagement.Incident&key={Guid}">Link do incydentu </a>

Value: User = Incident/CurrentAssignment/User

Value: SendDate = 03/09/2008 15:53:01

SUCCEEDED

LifecycleProcessing

Step Type: Status

New Status: W realizacji

SUCCEEDED

LifecycleProcessing

Lifecycle Action at 2013-04-17 13:31:46.485

Final Lifecycle: Full Incident

Final Status: W realizacji

Business Function: AddNote

Parameter1:

Parameter2:

SUCCEEDED

• 3. Re: "add note" notification mail failure
              elizabethcombrink Expert

and the group you are sending to does have analysts which are set to receive group messages?

It certainly looks like it is creating the reminder, but then it should be in your tps_user_message_table.

Are your background processes running?  (Is that not what creates the reminder?)

• 4. Re: "add note" notification mail failure
                Expert

I do things a bit differently.  I use an add reminder in Process for each e-mail.  It gives me the option to format the e-mails differently.  I always make the e-mails different so their targeted better to the audience, more info and pretty for end users and bare bones short for analyst.  I check to see who added the note.  If the assigned analyst added the note, no need to notify them, otherwise an e-mail goes to that person.  If not assigned to an analyst then it goes to the assigned group. 

Does your incident have a CurrentAssiged/User?  If not it went exactly where it should.  In 7.5 I am having issues with CurrentAssignment where it is blank so make sure you really have a value there.

• 5. Re: "add note" notification mail failure
                  Mariusz.Maniak Expert

Background service is running, but how to check if group is recieving group messages? (i just removed all users from group, and added again to be sure about "recieve group messages" was checked)

But even if in reminder window user was set directly (just choosen from drop down list) mail wasn't sent.

• 6. Re: "add note" notification mail failure
                    elizabethcombrink Expert

in administration, open up the tree and select the support group, and expand the analysts in the group

Right click on each analyst, and select modify user group. There should be a tick box on there that says receive group messages

• 7. Re: "add note" notification mail failure
                      Mariusz.Maniak Expert

Users checked, all support groups can recieve messages, but now I'm checking if emails aren't sent to empty addresses:

when I'm looking at incident - Current assigned analyst is filled, but current assigned group, current assignment user and current assignment group are empty. So I need to check where to send my notifications...

Macro: "$current user$" works fine, but values prepared by placeholders or calculation fails...

"add note" part of my process  - see image, it is part of default "reach incident"

Message was edited by: Mariusz Maniak

• 8. Re: "add note" notification mail failure
                        Mariusz.Maniak Expert

csimpson:

Take a look why my "CurrentAssignment" is blank...

http://community.landesk.com/support/message/89257#89257

Did You solved this problem?

• 9. Re: "add note" notification mail failure
                          Expert

My problem is that I have two process generated assignments before hitting "In Progress".  One assigns all incidents to a group.  The second will sometimes add the current user.  In SQL I can see the serial numbers are correct but the time that the records was written is exactly the same, even to the third decimal place (although the 3 decimal places are always 000).  Support is looking into this as a potential bug.

In SQL I see two records one with just a group assignment and the other with a group and currentuser.  My incidents show both records in the assignments tab but the wrong one is being used by the incident because it does not show the currentuser that was assigned.  Funny thing is that anything printed shows the correct currentuser, I use the serial number so it's correct.  Now if I do a manual assignment after all of the above, then the correct currentuser and group will show up.  It would appear that 7.5 changed to the time/date and not the serial number because this was not an issue in 7.4.  Well, I should say I don't think so.  My boss thinks that he saw the same thing in 7.4 but in my old age I just don't remember.

• 10. Re: "add note" notification mail failure
                            Mariusz.Maniak Expert

Problem solved.

Remainders tried to send emails to empty addresses. It was because I changed "add assignment" action from optional one in "in progress" status to separate one. As result of this change "current assignment user" and "current assignment group" attributes were empty, only "Current assigned analyst" "current assigned group" were filled in. After change "add assignment" back to optional action - mails are working ok. I lost possibility to inform analyst about incident assigned to him, but note has higher priority on my list