2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2013 10:35 AM by dustin.winsor

Landesk LDMS 9.0 SP4 upgrade

Rookie

Hi everyone. I think this is an easy question; I just need a little clarification. We're running LDMS 9.0 SP3 , but I've still got about 40% of clients out there on 9.0 sp2. (If I had my way they would all be at sp3, but bandwidth is a concern, so I've been asked to go slow.) Can I go ahead and update the core to SP4 without getting the rest of the clients up to sp3?

Then the second part of my question is a refresher on what updates I run where. (I forgot to write it down last time around )

Do I have it correct:

On the core- run only the core update

Any pc’s that have the console locally – run the console update

All landesk clients- run the client update. (or let patch management do it.)

• 1. Re: Landesk LDMS 9.0 SP4 upgrade
          mrspike SSMMVPGroup

From history and not seeing anything otherwise in the documentation, your clients should work fine with the Core being at SP4 and them being at SP2

In your steps to upgrading you have it correct, BUT.....  It is recommended that you push new agents out and not use the client patch as there are improvements in the agent that cannot be installed with just applying the agent patch.

So upgrade your core and consoles, then open your agents, save them and then click on the 'rebuild' agents icon.

The downside is, you said you have slow connections.... so pushing new agents could be troublesome.   I would recommend that you create the self contained .exe agent and use software dist. to push it out, this will allow for peer downloads, etc, plus I have always had better success with agent upgrades when using the .exe

• 2. Re: Landesk LDMS 9.0 SP4 upgrade
            Rookie

Thank you very much for your informative answer. I will proceed as you recommend. I'm very surprised at what you mentioned about the software distribution vs. the patch management. I hadn't heard anything like that about Landesk before regarding it.