5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2008 9:06 AM by nvs

Could not find a part of the path.....

Apprentice

Hello all. First my Vital information:

Core Server  Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition  running SQL 2005 and set up according to the BKP paper.

Running Management Suite 8.7 SP5. The suite is installed on the D: drive ont he server, not the C:. 

Clients are all XP pro SP2 at the moment.

I am doing a "side by side", getting rid of the old server that I inherited when i got this job. The old server works well, but is quirky and running on old hardware. So far I have been able to remote control my "test" clients (former clients of the old LD server which ran 8.7 SP1) I ran the Uninstall exe to remove the old client and then manually installed my new client pointing to my new server with the new servers key.

My first problem I want to clear up is when I request an inventory scan from the Management Suite console I am returned a satus of "Could not find a part of the path "D:\LANDesk\ManagementSuite" "

I do have a D partition where the management suite resides on the server. I am assuming this is an IIS issue or an issue with the configuration of the agents being that the agents reside on systems where the management suite is not in a D: drive but in fact a C: and will run that down after posting this.  Scans started from the client work fine, it is scans requested from the server that fail.

I am posting here mostly out of sheer fatigue from reading BKP white papers and searching these forums and using google. It has been 3 days setting this server up and I feel close, but I need some expert advice.

So, what did I leave out and forget to tell you? I look forward to your responses.

• 1. Re: Could not find a part of the path.....
          Employee

THis problem is likely because the permissions at the root of your d:\ partition do not match those on your c:\ partition.  If you make them match my bet will be that your problem is going to go away.

• 2. Re: Could not find a part of the path.....
            Apprentice

You are 100% on the money. Now I'll see if this fixes some of the other issues I have had. Thank you very much for the advice!

• 3. Re: Could not find a part of the path.....
              Rookie

well me I mounted the D: drive to C:\Program Files\LANDesk so the files are still stored on the D drive but can be seen through "C:\Program Files\LANDesk "

NB: the folder must be empty before you mount a drive. in this case before you reinstall ManagementSuite

if you need help on how to do this, just ask.

• 4. Re: Could not find a part of the path.....
                Apprentice

I guess I need to know this now. I am trying to map to the ldmain.... drive share and the path can't be found. I assume because of this reason.

• 5. Re: Could not find a part of the path.....
                  Rookie

Dicipulus wrote:I guess I need to know this now. I am trying to map to the ldmain.... drive share and the path can't be found. I assume because of this reason.

Sorry for this late reply

here are the steps "http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307889"

Keep in mind that the folder has to be empty before you mount anything.

So in your case, if you have aready installed the Program (Landesk) you will have to stop all files being used in that given folder "ABC".

Then copy the files from folder "ABC" to the "X:" Drive.

Then empty the "ABC" folder and then mount the "X:" Drive to the "ABC" folder

To mount a volume here are the steps again if you can't get to the link

How to create a mounted drive

To mount a volume:

1.    Click Start, click Run, and then type compmgmt.msc in the Open box.

2.    In the left pane, click Disk Management.

3.    Right-click the partition or volume that you want to mount, and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.

4.    Click Add.

5.    Click Mount in the following empty NTFS folder (if it is not already selected), and then use one of the following steps:

•    Type the path to an empty folder on an NTFS volume, and then click OK.

•    Click Browse, locate the empty NTFS folder, click OK, and then click OK.

google is your friend too

Well does this help? if not I can still help.