THis problem is likely because the permissions at the root of your d:\ partition do not match those on your c:\ partition. If you make them match my bet will be that your problem is going to go away.
You are 100% on the money. Now I'll see if this fixes some of the other issues I have had. Thank you very much for the advice!
well me I mounted the D: drive to C:\Program Files\LANDesk so the files are still stored on the D drive but can be seen through "C:\Program Files\LANDesk "
NB: the folder must be empty before you mount a drive. in this case before you reinstall ManagementSuite
if you need help on how to do this, just ask.
I guess I need to know this now. I am trying to map to the ldmain.... drive share and the path can't be found. I assume because of this reason.
Dicipulus wrote:I guess I need to know this now. I am trying to map to the ldmain.... drive share and the path can't be found. I assume because of this reason.
Sorry for this late reply
here are the steps "http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307889"
Keep in mind that the folder has to be empty before you mount anything.
So in your case, if you have aready installed the Program (Landesk) you will have to stop all files being used in that given folder "ABC".
Then copy the files from folder "ABC" to the "X:" Drive.
Then empty the "ABC" folder and then mount the "X:" Drive to the "ABC" folder
To mount a volume here are the steps again if you can't get to the link
How to create a mounted drive
To mount a volume:
1. Click Start, click Run, and then type compmgmt.msc in the Open box.
2. In the left pane, click Disk Management.
3. Right-click the partition or volume that you want to mount, and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.
4. Click Add.
5. Click Mount in the following empty NTFS folder (if it is not already selected), and then use one of the following steps:
• Type the path to an empty folder on an NTFS volume, and then click OK.
• Click Browse, locate the empty NTFS folder, click OK, and then click OK.
google is your friend too
Well does this help? if not I can still help.