1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 15, 2013 2:15 PM by csimpson

Email replies to tickets not updating call but logging a new one

Rookie

Hi Guys

Need some help please? We have LDSD 7.4 and use email to log the tickets however it seems that when users are replying to the emails notifications they are logging a new ticket rather than updating the original. It's probably something easy that I'm missing but can anyone shed some light on why and what I would need to change?

Thanks

Aileen

• 1. Re: Email replies to tickets not updating call but logging a new one
          Apprentice

Hi Aileen,

1.) Set your update keyword to "Re:" in Actions

2.) The ticket that is replied to must have the ticket ID in the subject line of the e-mail in order to update the ticket. So keep in mind each e-mail update must have two elements in the subject line. The word "Re:" and the ticket #.

3.) You must set up an automatic action in your process that replies to each created ticket, with the ticket # in the subject line. Mail Manager does not do this for you, despite interpreting the ticket # in the subject (don't ask me why.. I don't get it either).

Now you're going to have two automatic messages sent during a successful creation. Set your mail to only 'update' once you've done all your testing.

I hope this helps.