2 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2013 5:16 AM by shinywhiny

Dashboard Publishing

Rookie

I created a Dashboard in dashboard designer of console, and published it to a role, GB Analyst.  Made this dashboard available in WebDesk.  I then added this dashboard as a component of a shortcut group that is available to all in the analyst role for WebDesk.

I would have expected only the GB Analysts that were also Analysts would see the new dashboard however all analysts can see this dashboard.

Am I doing something wrong or does the published shortcut groups override who the dashboard was published too?

• 1. Re: Dashboard Publishing
          Jamie Cannon ITSMMVPGroup

I believe that when you publish this dashboard as a System Shortcut within WebDesk, it makes it available to anyone who has access to that specific shortcut section.

An easier way to do this may be to set up a shortcut group and apply the permissions on that and add that dashboard shortcut there.  There may be a way to hide that from specific groups using a SQL script, but I am not aware of a script available that will accomplish that.

It might be worth a call to support to see if they have encountered this before and if there is a way around it.

• 2. Re: Dashboard Publishing
            Rookie

Thanks Jamie, I will contact support see have they got a solution.  I will post here if I get one.