3 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2013 6:19 AM by Carl.Simpson

Knowledge Base Search by button?

Apprentice

Good Morning,

Is there a way to invoke a search by using a button?

e.g. have a button next to the incident summary that invokes a search on its contents? We sued to have the automatic search on the incident summary but the performance issue it raised outweighed its usefulness.

Thoughts appreciated! currently on 7.5

• 1. Re: Knowledge Base Search by button?
          Expert

Hi

Is this another button in addition to the Search in Knowledgebase magnifying glass at the top of the new process window?  I know that if you use that button it'll search on whatever field your cursor is active in at that time, don't think you can add an additional button - if not might be a good ER to log as I can see how it would be handy to be able to put the search button beside the most relevant field and add it into the tab order.

Helen

• 2. Re: Knowledge Base Search by button?
            Apprentice

Hi Helen,

yes exactly that (i'd forgotten that one!) we would like to put a new button next to our incident summary to allow a quick search.

• 3. Re: Knowledge Base Search by button?
              Expert

You could make a link to a dashboard that lists articles or documents.  You could also add a button that brings up a web page with instructions on how to use Search at the top of the screen.  Really don't need to re-invent Search but training users how to use Search would be useful.