2 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2013 12:40 AM by Opca

Remove programs with Landesk Management

Rookie

Hi!

I have a assignment at work where I would like to remove several different types software from a large number of computers with Landesk Management. I know I can make uninstallation packages, but that would take a long time. Does anyone have any tips on how I could do this?

For example I would like to remove 20 different installations of java/adobe etc from 150 computers. Making uninstallation packages for all these installations would be possible, but time consuming.

Hope somebody has done something similar to this and can give me some help.

• 1. Re: Remove programs with Landesk Management
          philipp.orak SupportEmployee

Hi,

you could use WMI to remove the installation for all Java products and one for all Adobe products. You can use something like this:

Use the below twio SET lines to initiate WMI and search for MSI installed products that correspond to 'java%'

Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
          Set colSoftware = objWMIService.ExecQuery ("SELECT * FROM Win32_Product WHERE Caption LIKE 'Java%'")  

Then invoke WMI's .UNINSTALL method to remove the product.

Hope this helps.

• 2. Re: Remove programs with Landesk Management
            Rookie

Hello,

You coult use a batch with MSIEXEC /x {xxxxxxxx} for all your product.

You coult find product in

HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

and

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Like This :

msiexec /quiet /norestart /x {299B8100-AA8E-4072-907D-C0B526206872}

msiexec /quiet /norestart /x {164EB883-354E-4290-AD76-67CEE65403A3}

msiexec /quiet /norestart /x {C787160E-96ED-439A-9302-01C84BC8E454}