3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2013 1:20 PM by JaimeK

Filtering CI item on user - where to import LDAP User data to?

Apprentice

Hi, first post and extremely new to the LANDesk in general so please be gentle. I am attempting the support document: http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-6716 so we can filter the CI item by user. I have set everything up but unfortunately it does not work but I suspect it is due to the fact that we are not importing the LDAP user details from LDMS associated with the CI (in this case PC information).

So my question is I guess how do we go about importing the LDAP user details for PC's from LDMS (we already have an import to bring in PC info but it does not contain any associated user info) and where do we map it to?

Not sure if this is relevant but the PC import also contains a filter/query called 'LDMS PC Import'.

Many thanks.

• 1. Re: Filtering CI item on user - where to import LDAP User data to?
          Expert

You need a second import.  You will import from the data connection for LDMS computers and import to Configuration Management - User Configuration Item

Computers.Device Name --> User Configuration Item - Configuration Item - Title

Computers.ID --> User Configuration Item - tempkey

Computers.User.Primary Owner --> User Configuration Item - User - Name

IMPORTANT NOTE: All 3 of the attributes above (Title, tempkey, and name) MUST be keys.  At the top of each object select "Set target key Attribute" and select the attribute to be the key.

Also important that ID, Device Name, and Primary Owner are selected attributes in the Data Connection or they will not be available for mapping.

You might also want to check out: http://community.landesk.com/support/message/89517#89517.  This won't bother you for a while but if your deleting old systems from LDMS, it will effect Service Desk and the discussion shows you how.

This will at least get you closer.

• 2. Re: Filtering CI item on user - where to import LDAP User data to?
            Apprentice

Hi - many thanks for your reply, great help. I'll try this out when I get a sec and feed back. Can I ask - is it not possible to just add these fields to the current PC import or is it best to create a new one? Much appreciated.

• 3. Re: Filtering CI item on user - where to import LDAP User data to?
              Apprentice

Hi - sorry its taken so long but only getting a chance to try this now. I have a problem that I can't find Computers.User.Primary Owner. There are many primary owner fields but all seem to have additional text e.g. domain Name\primary owner or the full LDAP name, does anyone know the correct field I should be using? I presume it has to be in the same format as the 'name' field in the End user business object (i.e. just the username no additional text)?

Please help many thanks.