5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2013 10:32 AM by Brian.Dailey

Created New Incident by Email

pcantika Apprentice

Hai, i am have problem in landesk when i am setting for inbound email in landesk.

What I want is that if customers (End User) send email to master email, i don't want all email in the master email created a new incident (one ticket), just one that has property in subject.

Ex : Subject : New : Error in printer

Now, all email in the master email created a new incident (one ticket).  anyone have any ideas ?

• 1. Re: Created New Incident by Email
          elizabethcombrink Employee

Landesk inbound mail engine will deal with all the mail in a mailbox - you can't apply the rule to only log some, and not others ( you can exclude mail with certain words in the Summary, but you can't set the logic in the opposite direction - to only log if summary contains NEW).

I've found the inbound mail engine very basic, and could do with a major revamp :-(  We investigated using it, but eventually abandoned it because of its limitations.

My only suggestion is to use Mailbox rules to move any mail containing the word New: (and also those that have your update keyword) to a different mailbox and let landesk process the mail in that mailbox.  Don't forward the mail to the new mailbox - you need to maintain the correct From field for it to be logged for the correct user.

• 2. Re: Created New Incident by Email
            pcantika Apprentice

Elizabethcombrink : thanks for the reply and ideas

• 3. Re: Created New Incident by Email
              ITSMMVPGroup

Depending on your email system, you can probably setup a server-side rule for the mailbox itself to move ALL messages from the Inbox to a subfolder with the EXCEPTION of those that match your criteria of having a key word in the Subject.  This should happen immediately when a message hits your Inbox, and only messages remaining in the actual Inbox get processed by the LDSD Mail.Inbound service.

The rule would be setup and run on your email server, and so not rely on LDSD at all.

(ex.)  We use Exchange/Outlook for mail, so I've setup such a rule that appears as follows:

Apply this rule after the message arrives

move it to the Temp Holding folder

except if the subject contains New:

-Brian

• 4. Re: Created New Incident by Email
                Apprentice

Can you not set rules on your e-mail server to filter e-mails coming from a certain address that only contain certain words?

• 5. Re: Created New Incident by Email
                  ITSMMVPGroup

You should be able to.  Although I can't speak for every email system, we use Exchange and it's possible.  What type of email server are you running?

-B