Hello Eric, and thank you for replying.
I had already worked through that article and here were my findings:
The unattend file was copied to the C:\windows\panther folder
CTOS did not create an entry for the provisioning in the unattend file
The C:\ldprovisioning folder is not populated correctly, as it has only the two files
When I execute the two files manually the files missing from C:\ldprovisioning are immediately created
The unattend file I imported is nearly identical to the one used for my x86 provisioning template (which works perfectly), differing only in processer architecture (amd64 vs. x86).
I will attempt to add entries into the unattend file to compensate by calling the executables, and I will post my results tomorrow.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Nothing worked. These templates and unattend files were based off the samples LANDesk created, and they worked initially.
I have a theory that LANDesk's provisioning templates do not like images that were sysprepped more than once, so I created new x86 and x64 images today. Both work perfectly. Same unattend files, too. I captured the images in two stages so that I can test and verify this later: pre sysprep and post sysprep. I will add a third stage later (post sysprep x2).
As a note, the CTOS process takes a good 20 seconds to complete. On the previous images it would only run for about 3 seconds.
Also, in my tired state last night I neglected to mention that I broke my original x86 image by sysprepping it again, which led me down the path of thinking that multiple sysprep's is what was breaking the x64 image.
Do you mean that just by creating a new sysprep image the problem will be solved? I have similar problem where the CTOS doesn't put the ldprovision folder into C drive. So after windows setup nothing is happening.
We found that CTOS was very inconsistent when copying or running the template after Windows 7 comes up the first time. What we did was take a copy of ldprovisioning folder injected it in WinPE and a VB script to copy over the folder from PE to c:\. Then I created an Action in the template to copy over the autocomplete.cmd to required location "c:\windows\setup\scripts\autocomplete.cmd". The only reason I left CTOS as an action because it injects the DeviceID into the registry. Since adding this we have done over 1000 deployments with no CTOS related issues.
It solved the problem for me. I even updated my core image again and haven't had an issue (I used my pre-sysprep capture for this so as to not encounter these problems again).
I've deployed close to 100 systems now with no issues.
Thanks!! It is working for me now also after making a new image and doing sysprep. Crazy but works!