2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2013 9:56 AM by KHAULKORY

Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'tps_subject', table 'ITBM.dbo.tps_user_message'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails

Rookie

Hi All,

I have an issue with my Change process that is stopping the process from moving on when a manual action is carryed out.

"Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'tps_subject', table 'ITBM.dbo.tps_user_message'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails"

I understand that Service desk is trying to send an email with a NULL subject, which isn't allowed. Unfortunately I can't identify the offending action in the process. I originally thought it may be an assignment action that was trying to notify the originator, but after removing that from the process altogether the error remained.

We can't enable NULLs on the column because that will not be accepted by our email server.

Its possible that this is the same issue as the HTML issue documented here:

http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-7418

But I'm not sure the script is appropriate for this error.

Any ideas or pointers for investigation welcome - I'm not sure how to check what is being mapped to the Subject field of the email, but I'm assuming its the title of the assignment or another action.

Thanks,

Martin