3 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2008 9:25 AM by Fabian Schmidt

LDGW Time Settings

Fabian Schmidt Expert

Hello everybody,

does anyone has problems with the time settings of the Management Gateway within VMWare?

My time is allways running to slow. After aproximattely 1 hour the gateway is 15 minutes passed.

Greets

Schmiddi

• 1. Re: LDGW Time Settings
          Rookie

Always been curious about that myself.  I experienced the same thing running the gateway in vmware.  I now have the ldmg appliance and the time still doesn't stay accurate over a long period of time.

• 2. Re: LDGW Time Settings
            Jared Barneck SupportEmployee

That is not an LDMG issue it is a VMWare issue and since the Management Gateway is a very minimalized Linux platform and does not have VMWare tools, you are going to see any weirdness that would happen to any box without VMWare tools.  Time is commonly a problem without vmware tools.

Since the LDMG is only for demo in VMWare and VMWare is not a supported platform, and we have moved to the appliance, we don't really plan to add VMWare tools any time soon.  It would be a lot of work to add VMWare tools and since only the Appliance is sold from now on, the need to do so is less.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: LDGW Time Settings
              Fabian Schmidt Expert

Ok, that's something I can work with, but does anybody knows a way to configure ntp time sync?