4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2013 8:49 AM by JonKeo

Task Queued at client for execution

Apprentice

Hello,

I have 67 computers reporting the "Task Queued at client for execution" message.  I can reboot them if that is the best option but wonder if there is a better way.

We're on 9.0.3.2. Thank you.

• 1. Re: Task Queued at client for execution
          Apprentice

I tested it on my computer where I was getting the same message, rebooted, and I still get it after I deleted my computer from the task, re-added to the scheduled task, then restarted the task.

I also tried these steps which worked but that's too many steps to perform on a 67 computers.

1. Stop the LANDesk Policy Invoker service.
          2. Delete the LDClientDB.db3 file in the Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\Database or programdata\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\Database directory.
          3. Run "CLIENTDBUTIL.EXE /create". The executable is in the LDCLIENT directory.
          4. Start the LANDesk Policy Invoker service.

• 2. Re: Task Queued at client for execution
            Expert

You can do the repair action as a managed script with REMEXEC commands which doesn't use client queuing and will therefore run immediately. We did that in our environment when we experienced the same issue. Unless someone else posts it, I'll post the script on Monday.

Do you have the LD90-SP3-CP_BASE-2012-1113 patch installed on your CORE and clients? If not, ask for the patch via LD support as it contains a fix so the problem won't happen again on clients that have this patch installed. Installing the patch on the clients won't fix the issue, though, so you'll have to repair them anyway!

• 3. Re: Task Queued at client for execution
              Expert

Here's the script I was talking about. You could consider adding a final step that runs policy.sync.exe.

Save the script in your LANDesk\Management Suite\scripts folder on your CORE server. You can then find it in the "Manage Scripts" section where you can right-click it and select "Schedule" to create a task. Test it on a few devices before doing mass deployment!

As always - any usage of the script is at your own risk and I can't be blamed if something blows up! Credit of the script goes to our previous LANDesk TAM as mentioned in the script.

• 4. Re: Task Queued at client for execution
                Apprentice

Thank you M! We really appreciate it!