We're just getting started with Knowledge Management and I am having a hard time putting together the best way to get the Knowledge to the customers.
Nobody, including Analysts will be using Console. Everyone will use Web Desk and Self-Service.
Any advice to get me on the right path is appreciated. I've got a few questions/concerns.
1) "Article Folders" -- Even in Console, I don't see an option to browse the content of the folders. What am I missing or what is the point of having folders?
2) "Knowledge Queries" -- I created a couple within the Article Folders structure. They don't appaer to be usable as published shortcuts. Am I missing something or are they only valid in the context of browsing the Article Folders in the Console?
3) "Types" -- I found the information on modifying these in SQL (odd and disappointing that they just aren't in Categories). Since I can't seem to find a way to browse Knowledge - is the point of these that you would create queries to search based on Type?
4) "Knowledge Domains" -- Is there any way to assign a Knowledge Domain to a Role instead of a Group?
5) The Search at the top of the Self-Service window yields no results when searching for words in the body or keyword list of Knowledge Articles - is that expected? (EDIT: Just noted that Knowledge Search does not work in Console either)
6) The big question
- How do you provide Knowlege content to your end-users in Self-Service? Seems like a Dashboard might work, but the only item I find to add is Knowledge Search
- I would like them to be able to both Search and Browse the content, based on Folders, Types or Categories (don't really care which as long as I know to build out the structure now)