3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2013 2:29 AM by CTonkin

v9.5 SP1 HII Driver Manager problem

Rookie

Having just installed SP1, I'm having a bit of trouble searching for .inf files when assigning drivers in the new HII Driver Management tool. I've tried putting both a UNC and HTTP path in the "Search Drivers" field, but nothing seems to populate. The "Driver Package" option works ok and lists all our packages. I've tried on both my console, and the core server's console, but cannot figure out what is (or I am doing) wrong.

Has anyone else experienced this?

• 1. Re: v9.5 SP1 HII Driver Manager problem
          Spartan Apprentice

Good Day,

The Device ID from the database may not fully match up with the listing in the driver Library.

For example with one of our USB network adapters LAN7500

The Device ID reported by the Database is : USB\VID_0424&PID_7500&REV_0100

But the Driver in the Library is listed as : USB\VID_0424&PID_7500 (so I needed to remove the &REV_0100 to find it)

In short:

-Select the Make, Model. OS, Architechture  

-Check in .Inf file along with [Populate by selected device ID]  (or type in the Device ID if you know it)

-Select the device in question on the left side (this should populate the Search driver search box).

If nothing is listed try removing the last %REV....  and click search again.

Note: The drivers do need to be loaded in the Library before hand.   =o)

• 2. Re: v9.5 SP1 HII Driver Manager problem
            Spartan Apprentice

It might also be helpful to know how to populate the Library   =o)

Here is how I have done it (The is probably a better way)

Copy the drivers to the following location [%corename%\ldmain\landesk\files\drivers\%drivertype%]

Once that is done go to HII driver management and click on Build Library

That should pretty much do it...   =o)

• 3. Re: v9.5 SP1 HII Driver Manager problem
              Rookie

I got it working. I had to delete the drivers.db3 and .dbk files from \ldmain\landesk\files\drivers and then rebuild the driver library. It seems the database I had didn't migrate well from v9.0 SP4.

>If nothing is listed try removing the last %REV....  and click search again.

Handy hint, thanks for that.