We are attempting to install Wavelink Avalanche SE 5.3 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 box and are having issues installation PostgreSQL.
- We run the program AvalancheSE_530572 and RemoteControl413.exe - say yes to install of both components
- - install RemoteControl -> proceeds OK.
- Installing JRE- proceeds to Avalanche installation
- Set the PostgreSQK super user account password to a non-dictionary word.
- The installer then runs through some dialogs:
checking for postgresql
copies many files
installing the jre...please wait
6. installing database support
7. creating database
Then it shows:
8. running database script file
- 4 times
9. Then fails with: "installation cannot continue due to the following error:
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections."
It appears that PostgreSQL fails to install. I have actually tried to manually install PostgreSQL a few days ago- thinking that Avalanche was simply failing to connect to an existing instance.
The Windows firewall is OFF. I am logged on as an administrator.
I was wondering where I can go to get more logging information and hopefully find out what is going on here.
Bright ideas welcome!
Regards and thanks