1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2014 3:27 PM by Noel.Laxdal

LANDesk 9.5 SP1 AV version

dgaines Apprentice

What is the version number of the Kerpasky 10 client that comes with Sp1?  On my test machines the version is not changing from the previous installed version of 8.1.0.831.   Is that right?  We had major problems with that version pre sp1 and had hopes for better on the SP1 client.  Thanks

• 1. Re: LANDesk 9.5 SP1 AV version
          Employee

The about box should show version 10.1.0.867.  The easiest way to deploy the new Kaspersky Endpoint Security is to select Agent Settings, Create a Task, Install/Update Security components, and select LANDesk AV.  The two most common causes of failure are rebooting the client too soon, and having incompatible software, such as conflicting Antivirus products.

• 2. Re: LANDesk 9.5 SP1 AV version
            Employee

Another think I forgot to mention, is that after upgrading to SP1, you should download the new Antivirus Pattern files from Kaspersky to your core.  The new AV definitions includes definitions for the MAC, and Version 10.1.  Also LANDesk will be releasing a Patch for 9.5 (No SP1) which will upgrade Kaspersky to 8.1.0.1042.  This is for those who don't want to upgrade to SP1.  Currently there are no patches released for 8.1.0.1042,  while versions 8.1.0.901 or 8.1.0.831 has a series of patches released.  Some of the problems reported are rebooting the agent, while Kaspersky is self updating itself with new pattern files, that include patches A, B, C, and D.

• 3. Re: LANDesk 9.5 SP1 AV version
              dgaines Apprentice

Fair enough, but I uninstalled the current landesk antivirus then ran the install from the core via scheduled task and got the same version.

• 4. Re: LANDesk 9.5 SP1 AV version
                dgaines Apprentice

I also checked my definitions and they have been downloading correctly since the sp update.

• 5. Re: LANDesk 9.5 SP1 AV version
                  Employee

After upgrading your core to SP1, you should have a KavClient.cab file in the ldlogon directory.  This compressed file contains version 10.1.0.1042.  You can open the CAB file and check the version of the files.

This CAB is extracted, and the Kaspersky MSI is put in  \ldlogon\avclient\install\x32\setup - or \ldlogon\avclient\istall\x64\setup.   Files are named Keswin_x86.msi or Keswin_64.msi.  If you check the Properties of the files, they should be digitally signed by Kaspersky Lab on May 14, 2013. 

You will need all the files in the CAB file extracted.  You should check the SP1 install logs to see if there were any failures either with getting the CAB file or extracting it. 

One easier way might be to see if you got the MAC files.  There should also be a ldlogon\KAVMacClient.cab extracted to an \ldlogon\avclientmac directory.

• 6. Re: LANDesk 9.5 SP1 AV version
                    dgaines Apprentice

Those files are there but the digitial signiture on the 64 bit is January 23, 2013.   I will slog through the log, but the install didn't report any errors when I ran it interactively.

• 7. Re: LANDesk 9.5 SP1 AV version
                      dgaines Apprentice

Would you know the name of the log I need to look at?  Thanks

• 8. Re: LANDesk 9.5 SP1 AV version
                        Employee

Can you run one of the MSI's directly on a test machine and see what it installs? Just accept the prompts.  You can savely use a trial license.  The log files are under %programdata%\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\Install\9.50\Log.  The file you want is named LANDesk Software 9.5,Service Pack 1.txt

• 9. Re: LANDesk 9.5 SP1 AV version
                          Employee

The line item in the log file that extracts the CAB file looks something like this:   

DirDeletedC:\PROGRA~2\LANDesk\MANAGE~1\LDLOGON\AVClient\Install\x64

Executing command:i:\landeskinstall\9.50.0\sp1\159b-shipping\ld95-sp1-core\updates\1\image\vulscan.exe /unzip="C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\\ldlogon\KavClient.cab" /dest="C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\\ldlogon\AVClient\install"

Return code: 0 (HRESULT)

Of course your source file pathnames will differ.

• 10. Re: LANDesk 9.5 SP1 AV version
                            Employee

A little more precision on the location of the log file, just in case it isn't where I said.  It's the result fo %LOG_SIR%

%COMMON_APPDATA_DIR%=RegKeyValue,HKLM,Software\Microsoft\Windows\currentversion\Explorer\Shell Folders\,Common AppData,REG_SZ

%LOG_SIR%=%COMMON_APPDATA_DIR%\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\Install\9.50\Log

• 11. Re: LANDesk 9.5 SP1 AV version
                              dgaines Apprentice

The problem sees to be client related.  If I run the uninstall command from the 95 client the anti virus client is still loading.   Just another great hit that is the Landesk antivirus.

• 12. Re: LANDesk 9.5 SP1 AV version
                                dgaines Apprentice

When I run the installer on the machines I get an error that the KAV directory already exists.

• 13. Re: LANDesk 9.5 SP1 AV version
                                  dgaines Apprentice

After totally removing the 9 version of the av client I was able to install the new version, but removal took booting to PE and using registry editor to remove the services and files.   I tried running the uninstall via scheduled task from the console and it left the client in place the first time it ran then it would complain about the ldav service being missing from then on.  uinstallwinclieint with and with out a force clean didn't work.  This has happend on all of my windows 7 test machines.

• 14. Re: LANDesk 9.5 SP1 AV version
                                    Employee

We run into the same thing if we install manually.  When the existing KAV 8 client is uninstalled, and the new KES 10 client will install.  However, running manually the KES 10 client would fail without setting new command lines. It states that the directory already exists, even though it's emply.  That's why we install it to ldclient\antivirus\KAV10 instead of the KAV directory.  Even though we removed KAV8, there are still files open in memory, and we want to reduce the number of reboots.

If you want, I can find out what the command link on the MSIEXEC command is that installs it to the KAV10 directory.

1 2 Previous Next