4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2013 9:50 AM by Matt Dermody

Wavelink Scripts to READ and WRITE to a file from within Wavelink TE and SpeakEasy

William.Karouni Rookie

I was wondering if there is a script that could open, read and write data to a file by the user performing actions such as key presses.

I was looking through the scripting guide but couldn’t see anything that stood out.

Could you please advise who to speak to about this for help?

Also in regards to Speakeasy:

I noticed that they have a command to launch an application.  Can we launch an application with arguments?

• 1. Re: Wavelink Scripts to READ and WRITE to a file from within Wavelink TE and SpeakEasy
          SupportEmployee

Have you had a chance to work with our Sales Implementation Team? If not, do you know who your Sales Contact is?

To be honest they would be the best group to answer these questions because they have a lot of experience with these type of requests. However, we can also help you over the phone if you were to open a case through the portal.

Keep in mind that we cannot help you with writing scripts because that falls into professional services, but we can maybe point you in the right direction.

Thanks,

• 2. Re: Wavelink Scripts to READ and WRITE to a file from within Wavelink TE and SpeakEasy
            William.Karouni Rookie

Simon Storey and Christian Blunschi are our contacts at Wavelink. I have not had a chance to wortk with the sales implementation team.

We just need to know if we can do the above commands/ keywords and how to trigger them.

Can you confirm next course of action?

• 3. Re: Wavelink Scripts to READ and WRITE to a file from within Wavelink TE and SpeakEasy
              TomButler SupportEmployee

The best thing to do would be to work through Simon on involving Wavelink professional services to make the script for you.

• 4. Re: Wavelink Scripts to READ and WRITE to a file from within Wavelink TE and SpeakEasy
                Matt Dermody SSMMVPGroup

I've had this same request in the past but didn't quite get to a solution. I wanted the ability to be able to create custom Avalanche properties from within TelnetCE by way of scripting.

There is a GetAvalancheProperty function that you can call to retrieve a value for a particular property that is stored on the device. Unfortunately there is no SetAvalancheProperty function available so I set out on writing my own script to accomplish the functionality.

I created a .BAT file that would open one of the avalanche .PRF properties files on the device and add whatever text that you pass to it as a parameter as a custom property line. I then wanted to use the Run_Application Telnet scripting function to run the .BAT and pass in an appropriate parameter. Every part of the process worked with the exception of the parameter passing. I tested the .BAT outside of TelnetCE with parameter passing successfully and I was also able to run it from TelnetCE as well, but the parameter passing built into the Run_Application function just didn't seem to work.

I eventually gave up on being able to dynamically write to a file from Telnet scripting. Hopefully SetAvalancheProperty will be a function that they incorporate in the future.

1 of 1 people found this helpful