1 of 1 people found this helpful
Unhide the file ldlogon/avclient/install/images/Thumbs.db on the Core Server.
I did the unhide but for some reason when I try to view the file remotley it switches it back to hidden. Crazy... Any idea?
3 of 3 people found this helpful
Okay guys after some troubleshooting with LANDesk Support we found the answer to be this. If you go to local group policy settins and navigate to:
user configuration > administrative templates > windows components > wndows explorer
and turn on the "turn off the caching of thumbnails in hidden thumbs.db file" option
After that go to:
ldlogon/avclient/install/images > delete thumbs.db
ldlogon/avclient/install/images/placeholders > delete thumbs.db
ldlogon/avclient/install/images /tasks > delete thumbs.db
ldlogon/avclient/install/images /tray > delete thumbs.db
Once you finish deleting these files try and run another deployment of the agent. this time it should work!
This appears to have worked for me also. Thanks for the tip!
rrivera - is this on the Core server or on the client?
I assume you mean delete these files on the client where the problem is occurring?
Also, in LD 9.6, on a Win7 Pro x64 client, the path is actually:
C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\LDClient\Antivirus\install\images\
If this works, I will be very grateful for this post and your answer.
2 of 2 people found this helpful
On windows server 2012 core, there are some differences I'd like to comment on:
- Run gpedit.msc to open group policy editor
- navigate to user configuration > administrative templates > windows components > FILE EXPLORER (name is different, not windows explorer)
- You can delete all of the thumbs.db in the child folders of \LDLogon\avclient\install\images but not the root folder itself. The thumbs.db file is a hidden file. To be able to see this file
- open file explorer in Win 2012, select View->Options and click "Change folder and search options" to get the Folder Options dialog
- Click the View Tab
- Uncheck all of the "Hide" options relevant to files with the important one being "Hide Protected Operating System Files". With this one checked you will not see the thumbs.db file in the \LDLogon\avclient\install\images root folder
- Delete the thumbs.db file in the \LDLogon\avclient\install\images folder