7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2016 9:41 AM by Peteski

Error 448? Install LANDesk Antivirus failed

Apprentice

Having a rough start here. I fixed the patch A issue but I am now coming across a agent ditribution issue. Have any of you seen that issue (see subject)? The log also reads this has failed:

Failed: Could not download http://servername.domain.domain/ldlogon/avclient/install/images/Thumbs.db

Failed

Changed the server name and domain for privacy.

• 1. Re: Error 448? Install LANDesk Antivirus failed
          rmeyer SupportEmployee

Unhide the file ldlogon/avclient/install/images/Thumbs.db on the Core Server.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Error 448? Install LANDesk Antivirus failed
            Apprentice

I did the unhide but for some reason when I try to view the file remotley it switches it back to hidden. Crazy... Any idea?

• 3. Re: Error 448? Install LANDesk Antivirus failed
              Apprentice

Okay guys after some troubleshooting with LANDesk Support we found the answer to be this. If you go to local group policy settins and navigate to:

user configuration > administrative templates > windows components > wndows explorer

and turn on the "turn off the caching of thumbnails in hidden thumbs.db file" option

After that go to:

ldlogon/avclient/install/images   > delete thumbs.db

ldlogon/avclient/install/images/placeholders > delete thumbs.db

ldlogon/avclient/install/images /tasks > delete thumbs.db

ldlogon/avclient/install/images /tray > delete thumbs.db

Once you finish deleting these files try and run another deployment of the agent. this time it should work!

3 of 3 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Error 448? Install LANDesk Antivirus failed
                Rookie

This appears to have worked for me also. Thanks for the tip!

• 5. Re: Error 448? Install LANDesk Antivirus failed
                  jesterfour4 Rookie

rrivera - is this on the Core server or on the client?

• 6. Re: Error 448? Install LANDesk Antivirus failed
                    fluxblocker Apprentice

I assume you mean delete these files on the client where the problem is occurring?

Also, in LD 9.6, on a Win7 Pro x64 client, the path is actually:

C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\LDClient\Antivirus\install\images\

If this works, I will be very grateful for this post and your answer.

• 7. Re: Error 448? Install LANDesk Antivirus failed
                      Peteski Apprentice

On windows server 2012 core, there are some differences I'd like to comment on:

1. Run gpedit.msc to open group policy editor
                      2. navigate to user configuration > administrative templates > windows components > FILE EXPLORER (name is different, not windows explorer)
                      3. You can delete all of the thumbs.db in the child folders of \LDLogon\avclient\install\images but not the root folder itself. The thumbs.db file is a hidden file. To be able to see this file
                        1. open file explorer in Win 2012, select View->Options and click "Change folder and search options" to get the Folder Options dialog
                        2. Click the View Tab
                        3. Uncheck all of the "Hide" options relevant to files with the important one being "Hide Protected Operating System Files". With this one checked you will not see the thumbs.db file in the \LDLogon\avclient\install\images root folder
                        4. Delete the thumbs.db file in the \LDLogon\avclient\install\images folder
                        5. Profit!
                      2 of 2 people found this helpful