or do I have a SQL issue?
Sorry, I thought that hotfix was for 7.6, thank you!
I'd get your dba's to take a look, and clean up, compact and repair the database (whatever the correct terminology)
I've had this error when trying to work through upgrading to 7.6.1, and a cleantable statement on the table where the error occurred resolved the problem.
I did apply the hotfix that Carl suggestions, but don't know if that helped for this error.
I am busy creating objects and windows in the 7.6.1 db - will let you know if I run into the same error.
Hot fix 002 for 7.6.1 installed on both servers and my machine, fixed the problem instantly.
I will post back here if it resurfaces...
It can reoccure, if the database is migrated from 7.5.1 to 7.6.1.
We have the problem in two migrated databses when creating a new boolean in the incident domain within incident with the following properties:
Default Value: False
Backfill Value: False
Creating Strings works fine, but not booleans. Perhaps somebody else have htis problem.
Stu already send me an SQL statement to try, but I hadn't a chance to try yet.
I will post if Stu's suggestion helped.
Running the upgrade again on the database temporarily fixes the issue so you can make your new booleen attribute, but it will come back until you install the hotfixes for 7.6.1.
Did you install the hotfixes?
Or are you saying it can reoccur even with the hotfixes installed IF the 7.6.1 database was previously 7.5.1?
Yes, customer Server is on Hotfix003 and we are on Hotfix004
It is the second time this error occours
did you install it on ALL the consoles in addition to the server? I assumed it was my unpatched consoles causing the issue, but I don't really know.
Yes I did.
But I was aible to test Stu's SQL Statement and after an IISReset it seems to work.
If you need the SQL Statements you can get it from support, or Stu will post it here.
Currently we have other problems with the hotfixes003&004. They just won't install on several systems in our environment, neither on my client, german window 8 x64, nor on the service desk server itself... We opend a case on that too.
I had this happen because I failed to run the two scripts at the upgrade. Well, actually I did run the scripts but forgot to change [DATABASE] to the name of my database. Missed that little point. After running the scripts, all better. That's one thing I will never do again.
This has come up a couple of times now so I've written the following document with instructions if the error persists after applying the hotfix: "Cannot create a row of size xxxx which is greater than the allowable maximum of 8060" during database upgrade or object design changes.
In regards to the hotfix not applying, I've seen this once so far with 7.6.1 and it was caused by the old build being installed. As per the note on http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-28725 if you downloaded 7.6.1 before July 5th then you need to re-download and re-install. The correct version number for 7.6.1 is 184.108.40.20604.
I am pretty sure support had me run these:
ALTER DATABASE [DatabaseName] SET ALLOW_SNAPSHOT_ISOLATION ON
ALTER DATABASE [DatabaseName] SET READ_COMMITTED_SNAPSHOT ON
Like I said though, you must change the bold text to your database name, it works a whole lot better.