6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2013 8:38 AM by mkren

Wavelink MSP Support Files

mkren Rookie

Hello,

Is anyone using the "Emulation Telnet MSP Support files for Motorola (Symbol)" ? And yes in what configuration ? (Devices, MSP Version, Wavelink Version,...)

Download here: http://www.wavelink.com/Motorola%20%28Symbol%29-MC9000-Emulators-downloads

I try to use them, they are working 90%, butwhen using Autologin in a VT220 Session, there is no Enter after the Username or password, the cursos is blinking after the automaticaly entered username and one has to press enter on the Terminal, then the same happens on the password, user has to press enter on the terminal to login.

greetings

Martin

• 1. Re: Wavelink MSP Support Files
          SupportEmployee

Have you tried using some configurations like this? You may need to add a \0D Command to add an extra 'enter' after the login is processed.

at.png

Thanks,

Nick

• 2. Re: Wavelink MSP Support Files
            mkren Rookie

Hi Nick,

if I configure Autologin with telnetconfig.exe then the Autologin is of course working, but I have to do it with the MSP setting object, so customer just have one packege with the telnetce application and for each site just a setting object with the different hostname.

I tried to enter also \0D in the autologin setting, but then I just get the \0D send to the host as three characters.

savedimage.jpg

The MSP setting object just looks like this:

Unbenannt.JPG

best regards

Martin

• 3. Re: Wavelink MSP Support Files
              SupportEmployee

Hi,

Because we are not MSP experts, and I am not sure how to answer this question I have to ask; Have contacted Motorola about this? They are the SME's in this category so hopefully they can assist:)

Thanks,

• 4. Re: Wavelink MSP Support Files
                mkren Rookie

Hello,

contacting Motorola about this issue will be my next step, but as this MSP Extension is written by Wavelink and downloaded from the Wavelink Page, where also is readable: "This package contains the support files needed to have MSP update Host profiles and Emulation parameters on the TelnetCE client. This package is supported by Wavelink." So I expect Motorola Support not to be very helpful in this case.

greetings

Martin

• 5. Re: Wavelink MSP Support Files
                  Rookie

We experience this same issue.  The work around the worked for me to allow the session to enter after username and passwordi to navigate to configure>host profiles tap Edit , tap Config then save and exit out without making any modifications.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Wavelink MSP Support Files
                    mkren Rookie

Yes this kind of Workaround I have also found out, but for using a automatic deployment system this is not feasable. I am thinking about extracting the config files from \applciation\wavelink\config and deploy them which seperate MSP packages.