3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2013 5:30 AM by karenpeacock

Crystal Report on Open Tasks

Rookie

Because I'm crossing tables to get the full details I need and I can't get what I want from a Query, I am trying to write a crystal report showing task and task note information on incidents which have a Status of With 3rd Party but only those with open tasks. I can't see anywhere to select a task status of Open . I can see rows in a query by selecting Tasks.Status.Title of Open. Any ideas how I get to the same criteria in Crystal?

• 1. Re: Crystal Report on Open Tasks
          karenpeacock SupportEmployee

Hi

A task is a process like any other, so you would get the status in the same way as you would with an incident (the pm_process table would link to the lc_status table via the pm_status_guid then you can pull the status name out of the lc_status table),

This document also has some other useful tables for reporting on tasks which you may find helpful:

Advice on writing Crystal reports against a Service Desk database

Regards

Karen

• 2. Re: Crystal Report on Open Tasks
            Rookie

Hi Karen,

Thanks for this response. I have done the linking you suggest already to get the Status of the Incident and my selection shows {lc_status.lc_title} in ["With 3rd Party"]. The problem I have is that I cant see a status field on the Task and I need to drill down to the Task status as well as specifying the main Incident Status

• 3. Re: Crystal Report on Open Tasks
              karenpeacock SupportEmployee

Hi

Yes if you want to incident both incidents and incident tasks on the report you will need to add in the pm_process and lc_status tables to the report twice.  Then use the second instance of pm_process and lc_status to grab the task information.

There is an example diagram showing similar linking on the doc link I gave you above.  Look on page 9 and 10 "Reporting on Incident Tasks and Task Assignments" which shows more what I mean. 

In that particular example, the lc_status table hasn't been added twice.  However you can see that there is a pm_process_1 table which indicates (with the _1 suffix) that the pm_process table has been added into Crystal twice.  So what you would do to get the task status is link the pm_process_1 table to the lc_status_1 (or second instance of the status table) via the pm_status_guid field.

Regards

Karen