4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2013 3:56 AM by amcgrail

Date format in LDMS inventory

I'm trying to find out if there is a way to easily convert the date format in LDMS (Version 9 SP3) inventory data from USA date to UK date ie from mm/dd/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy.

I do quite a few reports by creating custom queries in LDMS and Exporting as CSV, and Excel (in UK installation) doesn't like some of the dates in the exported CSV but does like others.  IE excel doesn't like 03/19/2012 as it think its the 3rd day of the 19th month, but it does like 12/01/2012 which it thinks is 12th of Jan but its really 1st or Dec. 

From what i can see in the inventory all dates are stored as USA date format, so im guessing maybe there is a simple setting somewhere to change the date to a more Excel firendly UK format?

• 1. Re: Date format in LDMS inventory
          masterpetz ITSMMVPGroup

You can try to create a new SQL user with the standard language set to "British English" and configure the LANDesk core server to connect to the DB with this new user. This should display the date in the correct format.

I would do this first in a test environment!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Date format in LDMS inventory

Thanks masterpetz.

I checked our SQL box and it turns out that whoever set it up left all the defaults as USA, so the regional settings, keyboard and language are all in USA format.

Think i need to do a bit more research on SQL and changing the regional settings before i change anything as there are lots of applications that use that SQL box

• 3. Re: Date format in LDMS inventory
              masterpetz ITSMMVPGroup

It is enough if you create a new user with britsh englisch. You don't have to change the language for the SQL server or the other databases.

We had a problem with Data Analytics from LANDesk with our complete german database server and date formats. So I created a new login on the sql server with US english as default language (because we need this for DA) and the dateformat was correct now. Just give it a try...

• 4. Re: Date format in LDMS inventory

Found the answer from another piece of software we use called treesize.

Turns out it was my local pc causing the problems, for future reference here what i did:

• "In general, TreeSize uses the date settings of Windows. Due to a problem in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 it may however display the 'wrong' date format.

• To fix this problem, please open the "Regional Settings" ("Clock, Language and Region") in the Window Control Panel and click "Additional Settings". In the following dialog, click "Reset". After the confirmation, close the dialog and restart TreeSize. The problem should be fixed."

This worked for me, might be usefull to others as well.