5 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2008 7:44 AM by Silvercoupe

Minisetup hangs

I'm attempting to get OSD image demployment using sysprep working, and after it images and restarts, minisetup loads, and just sits on the screen saying "Please wait..."

I let it run overnight, and nothing happened.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks.

• 1. Re: Minisetup hangs

Some more info from the log files:

#-199 Executing "C:\WINDOWS\system32\setup.exe" with command line: setup -newsetup

#W082 Could not locate a non-empty service section http://Clean.Services in

"C:\WINDOWS\system32\$winnt$.inf". Error 0xe0000102: The required line

was not found in the INF.

• 2. Re: Minisetup hangs
            ThomasCollignon Apprentice

I was also confronted with the problem. The mini-setup crashes, and after a forced restart, the mini-setup resumed, and completes the installation.

A note that after the forced restart, the screen resolution is more than 640/480, 800/600, but rather.

Obviously, this is a problem of video driver.

There is a Microsoft KB: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910678 which seems to replicate our problem.

A patch is available, but only with request to Microsoft Support...X-(

I have not yet had time tested, but the file name is "Acadproc.dll", and is updated on version "5.1.2600.5512" with the WinXP-SP3.

If you have the opportunity to confirm the correction of the problem after replacing the file...

By, and good luck...

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Minisetup hangs
              jary.busato Apprentice

Have you got any Mass Storage Driver (SATA,SCSI,SAS,AHCI) on Master Image?

It seems it looks for a service in the MassStorageSection...

• 4. Re: Minisetup hangs

Thanks for the help guys.  As it turns out, I suspect it has something to do with SP3.  After trying the MS patch suggestion, I decided off of a hunch to attempt to capture/deploy our current image (not built using LANDesk), which worked fine.  The only major differences were Windows updates.

• 5. Re: Minisetup hangs
                  Silvercoupe Apprentice

I ran into this same issue when creating our Hardware Independent Image.  Took a while to figure out, but the problem WAS related to a video driver, as someone stated earlier.  I solved this by requesting these 2 hotfixes from M$ and installed them prior to sysprepping and capturing our MASTER XP image.

You do have to request the hotfixes, they were emailed to me within a few hours.  After applyting these 2 patches I've been able to deploy our MASTER image to several different PC and laptops models with driver injection without issue.

Hope this helps.