1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2008 10:39 AM by Dicipulus

Network Path was not found

Apprentice

I know what my problem is, I don't know how to fix it. I thought I was being smart installing landesk onto the D partition to save space, but it has been nothing but headaches in a few regards.

From my laptop, in explorer if I type the share 
      Coreserver\ldmain\osd\imaging  it will open the folder for me. If I try to use "net use" it will not map the drive. I assume this is because of where landesk is D:\LANdesk\...... but there must be a way to "direct" it where to go. I'm just not seeing it and my head hurts from banging on the desk from being stupid. This system is running great and I can scan and do inventory and everything else, this seems to be the last stumbling block.

Advice?

**Edit*

If I run the command and just type "net use H:
      Coreserver\ldmain"  that works. I can't map beyond that.

• 1. Re: Network Path was not found
          Apprentice

The even log on the Coreserver shows this in Secrutiy when I try to map from a PXE booted client

Event Type:    Success Audit

Event Source:    Security

Event Category:    Account Management

Event ID:    697

Date:        5/23/2008

Time:        2:49:06 PM

User:        NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Computer:    US06S-LANDESK

Description:

Password Policy Checking API is called:

Caller Username:    CORESERVER$

Caller Domain:    AM

Caller Logon ID:    (0x0,0x3E7)

Caller Workstation:    127.0.0.1

Provided User Name (unauthenticated):    -

Status Code:    0x0

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I should mention that I can map just fine to where I want the image to go, just can't map to the Coreserver

"Machine","CbaStatus","ExitCode","Duration","Begin","End","Command"

"Landesktest","OK",0,0:00:00,5/23/2008 1:07:12 PM,5/23/2008 1:07:12 PM,"WINPE, TIMEOUT=1800"

"Landesktest","OK",230227968,0:00:01,5/23/2008 1:07:12 PM,5/23/2008 1:07:13 PM,"drvmap.exe domain\username *HASHEDPASSWORD* I: <qt/>
          Server1\windist<qt/>, STATUS FACILITY=3513"

"Landesktest","ERR_Fail",-1917190197,0:03:45,5/23/2008 1:07:13 PM,5/23/2008 1:10:58 PM,"drvmap.exe domain\user *HASHEDPASSWORD* H: <qt/>
          coreserver\ldmain<qt/>, STATUS FACILITY=3513"

; "Job Complete","0 Done","1 Failed","0 Off","0 Unknown"

• 2. Re: Network Path was not found
            Apprentice

Did you try:

1) to specify user and password?

net use h:
            core\ldmain\osd\imaging yourpassword /user:yourdomain\*yourusername*

2) to check NT Permissions?

3)To destroy and rebuild shares? Pay attention that some LANDesk shares are "NULL SESSION SHARE" !

HTH,

Jary Busato

• 3. Re: Network Path was not found
              phoffmann SupportEmployee

A few points of clarification.

1 - What exactly are you talking about - Provisioning or OSD? (Assuming you know the difference?) - it'll help clarify things.

2 - What are you trying to acheive.

3 - Any particular reason you use "net use" - drvmap.exe is far better ... but for that, first I need to know what you are trying to do.

Reason why I mention drvmap is that it allows you to properly use passwords in the mapping, while net use doesn't really work reliably with 'em (and uses clear-text passwords, which is bad - while drvmap uses encrypted passwords).

4 - You can indeed only use "net use" to map to "
              servername\sharename\" - say you map "
              CoreName\ldmain\" to H:, any subdirectory needs to be hit as part of the command line - so for instance:

""

H:\ldlogon\wscfg32.exe /f

""

That's a Microsoft thing I'm pretty sure, but not a biggie - just a matter of getting used to it.

Hope this helps so far.

Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead.

• 4. Re: Network Path was not found
                Apprentice

This is an OSD operation. In regards to your question about netuse, I'll repost this:

"Machine","CbaStatus","ExitCode","Duration","Begin","End","Command"

"Landesktest","OK",0,0:00:00,5/23/2008 1:07:12 PM,5/23/2008 1:07:12 PM,"WINPE, TIMEOUT=1800"

"Landesktest","OK",230227968,0:00:01,5/23/2008 1:07:12 PM,5/23/2008

1:07:13 PM,"drvmap.exe domain\username *HASHEDPASSWORD* I:

<qt/>
                Server1\windist<qt/>, STATUS FACILITY=3513"

"Landesktest","ERR_Fail",-1917190197,0:03:45,5/23/2008 1:07:13

PM,5/23/2008 1:10:58 PM,"drvmap.exe domain\user *HASHEDPASSWORD* H:

<qt/>
                coreserver\ldmain<qt/>, STATUS FACILITY=3513"

; "Job Complete","0 Done","1 Failed","0 Off","0 Unknown" 

As you see , LANdesk does use drvmap, and I removed the hashed password and user name, fromt he LOG off my Coreserver.

I am trying to caputre an image of a Sysprepped system, having used the BKP from both Jack Coates (droppedpackets) and LANdesks' BKP paper for 8.7SP5

I used netuse because drvmap wasn't working in the script and I could sniff the traffic to be sure that the correct username/password were being sent. If I could confirm that and it didn't map I figured I eliminated a bad un/pwd problem.

• 5. Re: Network Path was not found
                  Apprentice

Yes to 1 and 2. I even used a Powershell script to be sure permissions were the same.

The NULL session is interesting. B/c on the drive it does map to, in the event logs I see a ANONYMOUS LOGON:

Event Category:    Logon/Logoff

Event ID:    540

Date:        5/27/2008

Time:        7:46:15 AM

User:        NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON

Computer:    US06S-FPS2

Description:

Successful Network Logon:

User Name:   

Domain:       

Logon ID:        (0x0,0x9522CFF)

Logon Type:    3

Logon Process:    NtLmSsp

Authentication Package:    NTLM

Workstation Name:    COMPUTERNAME  

Logon GUID:    -

Caller User Name:    -

Caller Domain:    -

Caller Logon ID:    -

Caller Process ID: -

Transited Services: -

Source Network Address:    xxx.xxx.xx.xx

Source Port:    0

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Could this be due to the fact that my LANdesk installation is on a D partition? The shares shows it that way when I look at it in Computer Management. Perhaps it isn't resolving it correctly?

• 6. Re: Network Path was not found

Thanks for explaining this.

Hmm - tell you what ... create a user (domain or local) who has the password of "pw" - I can give you the hash-value for that, and that works. (Annoyingly drvmap ONLY works with hashes passwords, won't use cleartext - more secure, yes, but also more annoying but ah well).

Anyway - this way you have a "known positive" to work with:

""

102F12858EEB77577E04F627A3B

""

So - in my case, if I want to log on with a local-machine account from an IP of 10.100.44.123 (the ultimate in paranoia), the following would be in my script:

""

REMEXEC18=drvmap.exe 10.100.44.123\localuser 102F12858EEB77577E04F627A3B I: <qt/>
                    10.100.44.90\xx<qt/>, STATUS FACILITY=3513

REMEXEC19=drvmap.exe 10.100.44.123\localuser 102F12858EEB77577E04F627A3B H: <qt/>
                    10.100.44.123\ldmain<qt/>, STATUS FACILITY=3513

""

In this case, I use a local user rather than domain, on account of not having rely on lag from DC's ("the real world") or "lag from my lab on account of me running too many VM's" (in my lab). I generally prefer to work on a "the simpler, the more robust, the better" principle, and here authenticating with a local account is faster (no conversation needed with the domain).

That may help you out with your problem :).

Paul Hoffmann

• 7. Re: Network Path was not found

As an addendum - while I've not configured my shares to be null-session shares, you DO want to make sure that you've set the local policies correctly (assuming you're storing to a 2003 Server. 2000 servers will work just fine by default).

This is from the Deployment Guide (page 49 of 121):

Preparing a Windows 2003 Server for a Management Suite core server installation

>

When installing a Management Suite core server on Windows 2003 Server, you need to modify some Windows 2003 Server group policies. Refer to Microsoft Technical Support, the LANDesk Software support knowledge base, or the Microsoft MSDN documentation for specifics about the effects of these changes.

>

>To launch the group policy editor

1. Click Start | Run, and type gpedit.msc. Click OK.

2. Navigate to Local Computer Policy | Computer Configuration | Windows Settings | Security Settings | Local Policies | Security Options.

3. Make sure the following polices have these security settings:

• Domain member: Digitally encrypt or sign secure channel data (always): Disabled.

• Microsoft network client: Digitally sign communications (always): Disabled.

• Microsoft network server: Digitally sign communications (always): Disabled.

• Network access: Let Everyone permissions apply to anonymous users: Enabled.

• Network access: Restrict anonymous access to Named Pipes and Shares: Disabled.

• Network security: Do not store LAN Manager hash value on next password change: Enabled.

• Network security: LAN Manager authentication level: Send LM & NTLM responses.

Most of these are centred around OSD and the OSD-time authentication ... you may want to make sure that those are set correctly.

Paul Hoffmann

• 8. Re: Network Path was not found
                        Apprentice

Ahhh, I think those may the ticket. My server is built on a PE-Build sent from Corporate. It never occured to me that, event hough they knew this was going to be a LDcoreserver that they wouldn't have adjusted these.

I will switch these and try the OSD capture again. It makes sense that I was not seeing the Anon login even post to the security event log now.

I will let you know how it goes.

• 9. Re: Network Path was not found
                          Apprentice

No good. My core server now shows this event:

Event Category:    Account Management

Event ID:    697

Date:        5/27/2008

Time:        12:16:36 PM

User:        NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Computer:    CORESERVER

Description:

Password Policy Checking API is called:

Caller Username:    CORESERVER$

Caller Domain:    AM

Caller Logon ID:    (0x0,0x3E7)

Caller Workstation:    127.0.0.1

Provided User Name (unauthenticated):    -

Status Code:    0x0

This is using the domain admin account, I havent changed it yet. BUt I should say that this does get into my windows distribution server just fine. It is the second part of the drivemap that seems to hang. As mentioned above.

• 10. Re: Network Path was not found
                            Apprentice

5/27/2008 2:09:40 PM : -

Core.WebServices loaded----

5/27/2008 2:09:40 PM : RunScript: started with client mac address 001EC97F308E, script GUID 7aa487c6-fe06-4c56-a3ce-6937d3e31c57

5/27/2008 2:09:40 PM : RunScript: completed succesfully with client mac address 001EC97F308E, script GUID 7aa487c6-fe06-4c56-a3ce-6937d3e31c57

5/27/2008 2:21:32 PM : ShouldBootToDos: request received for client 001EC97F308E, proxy 00188B750A85

5/27/2008 2:21:32 PM : ShouldBootToDos: found objid 24 from MAC address 001EC97F308E

5/27/2008 2:21:32 PM : ShouldBootToDos: done, client 001EC97F308E, proxy 00188B750A85, result False

5/27/2008 2:21:32 PM : ShouldBootToLinuxpe: request received for client 001EC97F308E, proxy 00188B750A85

5/27/2008 2:21:32 PM : ShouldBootToLinuxpe: found objid 24 from MAC address 001EC97F308E

5/27/2008 2:21:32 PM : ShouldBootToLinuxpe: done, client 001EC97F308E, proxy 00188B750A85, result False

5/27/2008 2:21:32 PM : ShouldBootToWinPE: request received for client 001EC97F308E, proxy 00188B750A85

5/27/2008 2:21:32 PM : ShouldBootToWinPE: found objid 24 from MAC address 001EC97F308E

5/27/2008 2:21:32 PM : ShouldBootToWinPE: done, client 001EC97F308E, proxy 00188B750A85, result False

5/27/2008 2:21:32 PM : ShouldGoInPxeHoldingQueue: request received for client 001EC97F308E, proxy 00188B750A85

5/27/2008 2:21:32 PM : ShouldGoInPxeHoldingQueue: found objid 24 from MAC address 001EC97F308E

5/27/2008 2:21:32 PM : ShouldGoInPxeHoldingQueue: 001EC97F308E has status 'OUT'

5/27/2008 2:21:32 PM : ShouldGoInPxeHoldingQueue: done, client 001EC97F308E, proxy 00188B750A85, result False

Sigh, this is poopie. not sure what I did/am doing wrong.

• 11. Re: Network Path was not found

Silly question, but does this actually match up about being the same operation?

The time stamp in your log doesn't match up - there's no event running @ 12:16:36 PM on 5/27/2008 when the logon occurs.

The thing that gets me is this part:

""

Caller Workstation: 127.0.0.1

""

... sounds like the Core is trying to authenticate to itself ...? Problems with the WebServices maybe?

Also the authentication package you're looking for from DRVMAP is NTLM (shows up nicely in my case) - so comparing a healthy lab versus your non-working Core, should hopefully bring some results.

Have you looked at the IIS log ... it's possible that some problems are being run into there (remember, OSD goes through the WebServices before CUSTJOB gets involved).

Peculiar this, I will say.

Paul Hoffmann

• 12. Re: Network Path was not found
                                cknott SupportEmployee

One thing you might want to make sure you can do is ping the core by the NETBIOS name from within WinPE.

I ran into an issue like there where I had to add the fqdn to a hosts file in the WinPE image.

Try adding the fqdn name to the lmhosts file in i386\system32\drivers\etc.  You can also create a regular HOSTS file as well.

Hopefully that helps.

• 13. Re: Network Path was not found
                                  Apprentice

Sorry, I;ve been dealing with a nice little worm all this week and part of last week. I hope to be able to returnt o troubleshooting this ASAP. Please don't close out this thread yet.

• 14. Re: Network Path was not found
                                    Apprentice

I am still not getting this to work. I think I will have to call support. It is probably something stupid I am not doing.

1 2 Previous Next