2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2013 3:35 PM by rmilligan

Sophos not getting installed with imaged computers

Rookie

So, part of what is going to make this tricky, is that I'm a totally new and fresh mind coming into an already setup and running LANDesk environment. I've been shown how to image machines, and given license to "figure out" the provisioning and deployment. I've been browsing and reading the help.landesk.com files and trying to corraborate them with our own setup. I can't figure out how our image is set up, or where the second stage deployment options are, or basically what is determining what gets installed how with the imaging process...

There are a couple things that are supposed to be getting installed with the image deployment, that aren't, and I'm wondering the best way to go about troubleshooting it. Let's start with Sophos and go one problem at a time. If I go into Distribution Packages > All Packages, I can see the "Sophos Install," but it's a PowerShell Package. If I edit it, it gives me a single line of code, with what little I know of Powershell, doesn't actually appear to do anything, so I'm wondering if this could be why powershell isn't getting deployed properly. Now... Sophos doesn't have any kind of convenient .msi package, so I was trying to figure out how to repackage it as one, which after some research is sounding like a bust.

So, tl;dr: How do I create a distribution package for Sophos (or any program,) from an .exe setup file, and afterwards add it to the OS image deployment task?

• 1. Re: Sophos not getting installed with imaged computers
          Rookie

Alright, I found the imaging template, cloned it to a test one I could play with, cleared out the .psi call to install Sophos, and created a distribution package linked to the UNC we use to install post-imaging. When I tried to image the computer this way, it said the Sophos install succeeded (which simply means an error code of 0 was returned, right?) just like it did with the old template, but Sophos doesn't show up in the appwiz.cpl. What the heck?

Also with my test image the join to domain failed, which is odd... I didn't change anything to do with that.

• 2. Re: Sophos not getting installed with imaged computers
            Rookie

Ok, so I was looking at the log file when trying to deploy Sophos, and this is what I see (at least, the pertinent parts, I think, if you want to see the parts about it downloading the file with bandwidth settings, I can.)

Thu, 03 Oct 2013 15:39:40 File (\\yuna\landesk\apps\SophosTest\setup.exe) is cached locally

Thu, 03 Oct 2013 15:39:40 LSWD or Executable Client Thread

Thu, 03 Oct 2013 15:39:40 PackagePath:     [\\yuna\landesk\apps\SophosTest\setup.exe]

Thu, 03 Oct 2013 15:39:40 Processing generic executable

Thu, 03 Oct 2013 15:39:40 Launched application 'C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\sdmcache\landesk\apps\SophosTest\setup.exe' ('-s -ni') result 9

Thu, 03 Oct 2013 15:39:40 Installation result DB50009

Thu, 03 Oct 2013 15:39:42 The nostatus flag has NOT been set.

Thu, 03 Oct 2013 15:39:42 Sending task status, cmd line -coreandip=YUNA:10.1.1.66 -taskid=587 -retcode=229965833 -complete -pkgid=112

Thu, 03 Oct 2013 15:39:44 processing of package is complete, result 229965833 (0x0db50009 - code 9)