1 Reply Latest reply on May 27, 2008 5:31 AM by zman

Remote Installation of Resize Powertoys failed - Credential problem??

Rookie

Hi,

I am still trying to install REsize Powertoys to all my machines but I cannot achieve it. I created a package like this

TITLE: "Software Installation"

DEFAULTDIR: "C:\temp\Resize\", mindisk=10M, noaskdrive, noaskdir, text="The needed files will be copied to this folder and the run locally."

FILE: "IMAGERESIZER.000", overwrite=yes, From="C:\packages\OneFile\ImageResizer.msi"

RUNATEXIT: "$WINSYSDIR$\msiexec.exe", para="/i "c:\Temp\Resize\ImageResizer.msi" /qb-! /norestart /lv "c:\MsTmp\imrszr.log""

PROGRESSBAR: 2M

BEGINLASTSCREEN

RESIZE POWERTOY has been successfully installed onto your system.

Please find in DANWAY the user manual to start working with it.

ENDLASTSCREEN

When I deploy the package, the file gets copied and it runs but nothing happens. I tried to execute from a command line and it works perfecty

msiexec.exe /i "c:\Temp\Resize\ImageResizer.msi" /qb-! /norestart /lv "c:\MsTmp\imrszr.log"

comparing both log files, I found this difference in the success log you can see it uses my user credentials and goes to my user folder. doing from landesk it goes to Windows folder and I think the access get denied... but I am not sure of it...

Running product '{1CB92574-96F2-467B-B793-5CEB35C40C29}' with user privileges: It's not assigned.

MSI (s) (FC:E0) : PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding REBOOT property. Its value is 'ReallySuppress'.

MSI (s) (FC:E0) : PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding CURRENTDIRECTORY property. Its value is 'C:\Documents and Settings\cortijo'.

MSI (s) (FC:E0) : PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding CLIENTUILEVEL property. Its value is '2'.

MSI (s) (FC:E0) : PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding CLIENTPROCESSID property. Its value is '3912'.

MSI (s) (FC:E0) : TRANSFORMS property is now: 

Running product '{1CB92574-96F2-467B-B793-5CEB35C40C29}' with user privileges: It's not assigned.

MSI (s) (FC:BC) : PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding REBOOT property. Its value is 'ReallySuppress'.

MSI (s) (FC:BC) : PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding CURRENTDIRECTORY property. Its value is 'C:\WINDOWS\system32'.

MSI (s) (FC:BC) : PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding CLIENTUILEVEL property. Its value is '2'.

MSI (s) (FC:BC) : PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding CLIENTPROCESSID property. Its value is '4900'.

Any suggestion ? I am getting crazy with this...

Many thanks in advance

Jose