4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2013 4:09 AM by LaLorraine

Wavelink Avalanche 5.3 - Orphaned package shouldn't be orphaned.

Rookie

Hi All,

We are experiencing some trouble with our Wavelink Avalanche 5.3 server: We use the TelnetCE application package and push that to our Psion VH10f terminals. In that package is also the URL to where the industrial browser should go. When changing the URL to a new one the server deleted that package from all our terminals and marked the package as "orphaned". Nothing else but that URL was changed to the application package. When i open the list (see screenshot) of orphaned packages to delete, the industrial browser package is in the list.

Wavelink 1.jpg

I found out that there are 3 reasons why a package would become "orphaned":

* if it has been deleted from the Avalanche Console,

* if the software profile it belongs to has been disabled,

* or if the package has been disabled.

Well i checked and confirmed all 3 situations:

Wavelink 2.jpg

The package "criteria" is also an correct since it has always worked, didn't change and i double checked if it is correct at this moment.

Does anybody have a clue why the server is claiming it to be "Orphaned" or is there any way to force the server into believing that that package shouldn't be "orphaned". We also tried rebooting the server but the problem persists although it shouldn't be orphaned.

Thank you for your time

Kind Regards

• 1. Re: Wavelink Avalanche 5.3 - Orphaned package shouldn't be orphaned.
          emeamolly SupportEmployee

Hi,

Are you sure you have everything in place... I have tested the same version of TE Client on my end on a Psion  VH10 TE version 7.3.153 and the package is not orphaned. I have made few changes to the Host and pushed the changes.

psionvh10.png

You are correct in outlining the 3 reseoans that would make a package orphaned. Can you please give it a second look and confirm also that the client is indeed for the intended device. If the problem still persists I would suggest that you create a case for further assistance from support.

Best Regards,

Molive

• 2. Re: Wavelink Avalanche 5.3 - Orphaned package shouldn't be orphaned.
            Rookie

Hi,

The strange thing is that our setup has been working fine for over 3 months and it always stayed the same. Our server and 10 PSION terminals, we changed the URL multiple times for testing and everything kept working.

Now a second problem started:

Our server doesn't want to keep running as you can see on the left of the screenshot below. We found out that it is the service "Wavelink Avalanche Manger" that always stops running.

Wavelink 3.jpg

When we manually start the service, the server immediatly starts for 5 to 15 minutes and then the service shuts down again.

Wavelink 4.jpg

What is the fastest way to open a support case and where should it be done?

Kind regards

Ken Schepens

• 3. Re: Wavelink Avalanche 5.3 - Orphaned package shouldn't be orphaned.
              emeamolly SupportEmployee

Ken,

The best way yo open up a ticket with support would be to use the Support Portal at http://support.wavelink.com. Since you are already registered for the User Community you can use the same logins on the Support Portal. Please create a case there and you will get the support that you need.

Thank you,

Molive

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Wavelink Avalanche 5.3 - Orphaned package shouldn't be orphaned.
                Rookie

Hi All,

The problem has been resolved by Wavelink Support!

All the strange things that were happening:

• Package got orphaned for no such reason
                • Server service kept shutting down
                • Selection criteria didn't do anything anymore or didn't work anymore
                • Remote control sometimes worked and sometimes didn't work
                • Server icons were yellow instead of blue stating "needs update"

The problem was a "corrupt" WLAvalancheService.exe! We found that out after 1h and 15 minutes WebEx with support which went very professional and pleasing. So in the end we uninstalled and reinstalled the service which made all the problems go away. Feel free to PM me in the future if you would find yourself in this situation and congrats to Wavelink Support!